possible LED pulse?

Participant count
  • Participant list

robert420
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
geneva ne
ive been thinking around lately on something to do with my system to improve it visually. i've been thinking about wiring LED's into the amp to make them pulse with the music. i know they have an interface for that kind of thing. but is it possible to use a really low-powered amp? so it doesn't fry the LED's

ive been thinking around lately on something to do with my system to improve it visually. i've been thinking about wiring LED's into the amp to make them pulse with the music. i know they have an interface for that kind of thing. but is it possible to use a really low-powered amp? so it doesn't fry the LED's
It's definitely possible but it can hurt the amp and honestly does not look good IMO.

Won't add much improvement imo... but if that's what you like..

I wouldn't add anything to my amp that isn't meant to be on an amp. Little output or not it's changing the resistence and using up power, even if it's minor.

Not that difficult to do. You would need some diodes, resistors, and possibly small capacitors. You would need to calculate the maximum voltage the LED's could possibly see and base your resistor value off that. The diodes are to convert the AC output of the amplifier to DC for the LED's. The capacitors may be necessary because the output of the amp will vary so quickly the LED's may not stay on very long, you could dial in their effect with different sized caps.

In the end though this is going to make your system look cheap and childish therefor think it over carefully before investing your time/money.

just connect the LED to the sub wiring and it will pulse, i still have some that i can sell you, i did this before on one of the night shows and it worked pretty good

if it would cause harm to the amp, it'd be better to just buy an interface ($25 off amazon) and just run a Y splitter out of the head unit into the interface

just connect the LED to the sub wiring and it will pulse, i still have some that i can sell you, i did this before on one of the night shows and it worked pretty good
Not good to reverse bias an LED, if you're running any kind of real power you run the risk of destroying them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.