porting 6x9s

Originally posted by Julio I know this sounds kinda stupid but i have wondered for awhile what my amplified kappas would sound like in a ported box say around 1 cu ft per speaker and if its possible what size port should i use
no....most of the time they are in relativley open air anyways (such as in car doors or other common mounting places). You will not notice ANY difference if you try to build a ported box for them.

don't hate on the man. Everyone should try some crazy stuff. Otherwise no would me unique. I had a set of 6x9's in the back of my cutlass years ago. I put them sitting on the rear deck firing toward the driver. I had .4 cu ft of air space. I used a 1"x3" pvc pipe to port them. I did not notice to much of a difference in sound. I had 3 way pioneer speakers. The lower freq seemed to have a better role off. I think it is because the port faced up toward the rear window. then Sound waves rolled of the rear window and then toward the driver. I did have a pioneer amp on them with 75 watts. If you just used you head unit to power them I don't think you would notice a big difference.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.