Ported SA-12 help

TrakDay
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
FL
My plans are to port an SA-12 which will basically be in front of the 40split rear seat. The seat will just be folded and this is a removable setup as I need all the space I can get in my truck more often than not.

I want to run a ported setup in about 1.85ft^3, after the sub displacement, tuned to 33Hz.

Now to my question...

I need to fire the sub/port up. Is there anything different I need to do when designing the box to fire up rather than forward/back?

Current Specs I am looking at... Firing up...

PortBox.png

Oh Ok. In that case just reverse the dimensions in the re calc. It'll change things up a little but not starting from scratch.

the box is a tad bit big, id shoot for 1.5 cubes at 33,
Care to explain a little bit for me? Ported Boxes are new to me... I really appreciate the help guys. I can get an SA-12 for a great deal and want to take advantage by building a ported setup for when I am not carrying passengers. I really just want to do something different than I always do and build my first ported box. Also I just got my box for under the seat for daily use, IXL 10" will be in that box. Really no reason to have 2 setups for my truck... LOL I just really want to hear what all the hype is about with this SA-12!

This will be run off of my Kicker zx750.1 at 2 ohms. I have had this amp since early 07, I'm just glad I took it out of my previous truck.

Thought you wanted port and sub up? Unless you plan on putting the sub on the same face as the port is shown there. Also I'm not sure if you have enough port area (18") on this box/sub.

OK... it seems like I could mess with this for hours and not get what I really need for it.

SO... I am considering just paying for a design at this point. I will measure in the next day or so to get my max dimensions for the box.

Well I got my SA-12 today... I will be building the box tonight that RAM Designs designed for me. Thanks again man

PS: My IXL 10" still isn't here yet, I was expecting my IXL 10" today as well, but it didn't show up and looks like it may be Mondya before I see it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.