PNY 9800GT Vdeo Card

Participant count
  • Participant list
Would this be any better then my MSI NX8600GTS? sorry My friend got me my card because i dont know computers like he does.

Yeah I have mine very slightly over clocked because for some reason I can't control the fan speed on this one=[ and im afraid it will get too hot. Im using rivatuner.

Yeah I have mine very slightly over clocked because for some reason I can't control the fan speed on this one=[ and im afraid it will get too hot. Im using rivatuner.
I believe, but don't quote me on this, that nvidia cards are safe up to 100C, at least newer generation cards are. This on never reached above 68C.

yeah this one is really sensitive for some reason. right now its at 48C and im just on the internet. If I play COD MW2 it goes all the way up to 62C and that scares me because I dont know much about computers so I dont know if thats normal or not. plus I don't know how old this card it. yours sounds like a nice investment though. Would you take any trades? do you have an Iphone?

I am open all trades, just needs to catch my eye. This would be a good bit better than the 8600GTS in MW2. I was running 120+ FPS with maximum settings on it.

yeah this one is really sensitive for some reason. right now its at 48C and im just on the internet. If I play COD MW2 it goes all the way up to 62C and that scares me because I dont know much about computers so I dont know if thats normal or not. plus I don't know how old this card it. yours sounds like a nice investment though. Would you take any trades? do you have an Iphone?
You'll be fine. Graphics cards inherently run hotter than CPU's. Like BlackGA said, GFX cards are usually safe up to the 90-100C range, BUT the thing you want to look out for when overclocking your GFX card is artifacts. Just cuz it can get up to 100C doesn't mean it will work correctly. Best way to tell if you're getting artifacts? Run benchmarks, stress tests, and play lots of games for hours on end. If you see anything that shouldn't be there like funky colors, crazy shapes, random color pixels, or ANYTHING that just straight up looks messed up, your card is being pushed too far.

+1 on this being a good price. GLWS!

so there will be a point where I will actually be able to tell its being pushed too hard? and then I'll have time to turn it down? and OP you have a PM incoming

so there will be a point where I will actually be able to tell its being pushed too hard? and then I'll have time to turn it down? and OP you have a PM incoming
For the most part, yeah. It's harder to see the artifacts in games since you're actually playing and not looking for them. But there are lots of programs that are used specifically for that purpose. I suggest you head over to Overclockers Club and read up. I used to be a moderator over there and the forums holds lots of helpful info that I'm too lazy to type out right now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Cleared. Sorry about that. There's several programs you can use to stress test your GPU. FurMark and OCCT are my favorite.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

95BlackGA

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
95BlackGA
Missouri
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies