please tell me im not screwed here....

Sometimes you can stick some tape to the "dent" and pull it back out. Depending on what the dust-cap is made of.

Be careful though, it's also an opportunity to push it in further.

Sometimes you can stick some tape to the "dent" and pull it back out. Depending on what the dust-cap is made of.
Be careful though, it's also an opportunity to push it in further.
i tried to **** it out with a vacuum.. didnt work at all lol... maybe ill try something else...

The good news is that the dust-cap itself isn't that big of a deal as far as the operation of the speaker goes. If you dent it in too far, and then play it loud, it could bottom out. (which would be bad) But it's otherwise just there to keep crap out of the voice coil gap, maybe force air around for different cooling schemes, and look pretty. Some claim to help "stiffen" the cone, but all the ones I've seen make that claim are inverted and thus already "dented" in.

You should be able to get a new dust cap and replace the dented one without drama. A generic cap may not look as cool as whatever it came with, but it should "function" as well as the original and defiantly look better than the dented one you have now.

welll since its already been popped down its gonna be more prone to happen again through play.. however if their is a pole vent you can push a wooden spoon handle up there and slowly push it back up.

welll since its already been popped down its gonna be more prone to happen again through play.. however if their is a pole vent you can push a wooden spoon handle up there and slowly push it back up.
how would i know if there is a pole vent? its a 15 inch cascade omega. d2

If there is a whole on the bottom of the motor (magnet). A lot of times there is some metal at the top of the pole to prevent any crap from getting through there

It doesnt look like theres a pole vent.

Omega2.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.