Planning stages for 350z build

Participant count
  • Participant list

Lugo03z
10+ year member

Hey guys, I'm a new noob here but not to car audio. Been out of the scene for about the last 8-10 years though. Anyways, I'm planning a nice simple and clean build for my 03 350z. Obviously space is going to be a factor in this build as I would like to keep as much as my so called "trunk space" available as possible. I would also like to keep my budget right around $1500. Of all the components I plan to use the Alpine IVA-w203 is the only thing I have so far, everthing else has yet to be ordered.

Head Unit: Alpine IVA-w203

Amp: Polk Audio PA1100.5 (hoping to purchase from a member on here in the next day or two)

Component Speakers: Sundown Audio SA 6.5 CS, or CDT CL-61, or Image Dynamics CXS 62

Mid Bass: CDT M6+

Sub: 1 Alpine SWR-12d2, or 1 Sundown Audio SA-12d2 (either will be in a sealed enclosure from Zenclosures)

So what do you think? Do these components sound like they will work well together?

Paul

Zenclosures.com should get you a good enclosure. They come recommended by a reputable source. CDT M6+ is discontinued and no authorized dealer will have that in stock. CDT Audio is taking steps now to really encourage people to buy only from authorized dealers. A comparable midbass driver from CDT is the HD-M6. I recommend you look at HD-62 for the components rather than CL-61. They're a pretty big step up in every way. I could put together a bundle deal for you.

For the amp the Precision Power P900.5 is arriving any day now, and it's a lot shorter than that PA1100.5. The catalog lists it as 13.25", which I suspect may be wrong, but even so, it would save you quite a bit of space.

I can also get you the accessories to install that head unit. It would be Metra parts. Sound deadening will be necessary to get the most out of whatever speakers you buy, and the options now are a lot different than 8-10 years ago.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.