Pioneer AVH-P5700DVD Flap motion fail, screen wouldn't move.

Participant count
  • Participant list

tsepadub

london
Hi CA people,

I have a a P5700DVD head unit, it was working as normal apart from it would not read discs.

I decided to swap out the dvd unit, took it apart, put in another one, powered up, it now reads cd and dvd but the screen just would not want to move. The display is on and it works fine, touch operation and everything.

Using the open close button just gets me the beep and turns the screen off. No motor action.

Took it apart again to see if I failed a ribbon cable or something, I even swapped the ribbon cables just to be sure. I dont see anything obviously wrong and the little black switch is in one piece.

Held the reset button but no difference.

I have tried the wiring harness with my spare AVH P6400CD and it works fine, power on, screen unfolds, so the green handbrake wire is gorunded properly.

Tried to use search in the forum but only gives me no results, tried googling it with all kinds of keywords but nothing comes up.

This was my first time taking apart a head unit,and kind of felt easy, no forcing or hammering and thats why im baffled what have i done because it did work before i took it apart to change the dvd drive and clearly done something wrong.

I really like the way the 5700 looks and dont want to change if its repairable

Thank You

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.