Pioneer AVH-4000DVD clipping w/ fader

Participant count
  • Participant list

smbaker

or
I have a Pioneer AVH-4000DVD installed in a motorhome. The radio works great, with one exception. If I use the fader to fade the sound toward the front speakers, I will get what sounds like clipping at about one third volume.

Without using the fader, I have no issues whatsoever with the front speakers. I can ramp the volume all the way up, and there is no clipping. Thus, I don't believe it is anything to do with the speakers, the speaker wiring, bad grounds, etc. It's only when the fader is used that the front speakers start exhibiting the clipping at a comparatively low volume level. This pretty much makes the fader unusable.

Any idea what's wrong? I'm thinking it almost has to be a design flaw in the head unit with respect to the fader implementation.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.