Pic request - 2000ish Civic door panels

Participant count
  • Participant list
I just used speakers that fit in my 1997 Civic EX Coupe //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

TypeR-6.jpg

CDT-tweeter.jpg

The 1996-2000 model was real similar in that you didn't have jack for mounting depth //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif I am guessing the later models are just as horrific?

Yea my pro 60s are about an inch too thick for my 2000. Thanks for the pic, although it doesn't really help me haha. Is there a site I can browse peoples installs? I'm searching through cardomain but its tough to filter through all the ********.

Look at the build logs here for Civics and maybe you will be inspired! I'll PM you some links to another site so I don't get admonished by their Gods for hot linking here!

I appreciate the help. I can't believe I forgot about the build logs here.

What about the tweeters? Did you have any issues with them? I haven't opened up the tweeter pod yet to inspect it.

I appreciate the help. I can't believe I forgot about the build logs here.

What about the tweeters? Did you have any issues with them? I haven't opened up the tweeter pod yet to inspect it.
The tweeter is pretty easy. You may have to get creative with hot glue or epoxy though! I was lucky, the screw hole in my CDT TW-25s matched perfectly with the factory screw. IIRC, the tweeter pod is perfect for a .75" tweeter but I have seen some as big as 1" go in there with a little bit of Dremel work!

ETA: Found photos of the pod

Front.jpg

back.jpg

And the stock wiring runs from the tweeter down to the mid, and then to the head unit?
Yep, that is where they join up. Tweeter wire runs down then behind the door sheet metal and meets up with the 6.5" speaker wire, which goes to the molex plug in the door, then to the HU.

ETA: Your door panel card has a nice place to hide the crossover if you are running components:

DoorCard.jpg

That is a nice spot for mounting crossovers. I'm going to be pissed when I hear my comps without deadening on the door. In my old ride I had fully deadened doors....Its going to be a major downgrade I fear.

Those are some nice looking tweeter grills. They look sharp

That is a nice spot for mounting crossovers. I'm going to be pissed when I hear my comps without deadening on the door. In my old ride I had fully deadened doors....Its going to be a major downgrade I fear.

Those are some nice looking tweeter grills. They look sharp
Thanks! You may want to look into deadening down the road because I find it really helped with that annoying midrange ringing that I had.

you sound deadened the door panel? did that make much a difference? I skipped that part during the deadening process.
I deaden EVERYTHING when the car is in pieces. Overkill, probably, but I have it so I may as well use it:D

I will def be deadening the door in the future. When I have the extra $$ I will probably get some SS sludge and then something else on top of that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.