PG Xenon

Participant count
  • Participant list

Alpine2005
10+ year member

CARROZZERIA
CA
what do you guys think about the PG Xenon subs.

are they better subs then the Octane-ZR subs? what i mean with better, is do they sound louder and cleaner.

what would you say they are? SPL or SQ or SQL subs

what other sub would you compair this sub too?

the octane zrs are actually louder. The xenons can handle a little more, but are not efficient. You will be happy with the octane zrs. This week I ran 2 12 zrs off a jbl 1200.1, and they handled the power nicely in a 4 cubic foot ported box, and got loud as hell. These suckers can go low. For 60 or so bucs on ebay you cant go wrong.

Im not sure what the guys name was, but a pg competitor hit 148 with 2 12 zrs which is pretty dam loud. Im not sure what kind of mic, but it was a good score none the less.

dude, he hit like over 150 w/ 3 in a sealed box in the 300-600 division didnt he??? i was thinking he hit 153 something but i could be wrong......pg wont ever put the forums back up.

edit: i have had a single 12 of both in hooked up to my x600.1 in my truck....the zr is louder but wont hit as deep. the xenon is pretty much a sq sub and will hit lower notes than the zr. the zr was in about a 1.2cuf sealed and my xenon is in like a .7 sealed probox which is probly suffocating it because they recomend a 2.2cuf sealed for it being a pure sq sub, but i cant help it any....it vibrates my whole truck so im satisfied.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Alpine2005

10+ year member
CARROZZERIA
Alpine2005
CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date