Perfect cuts with circular saw - How?

combination of all the above, and a good sharp blade. Use some sort of guide or fence system, and utilize the factory edges as best as you possible can. A good steady hand and a good eye really help too if your gonna just follow a line.

Factory Edge. The edges of the board when you buy it.

trimsaw.jpg

cutting.jpg

And thats not me.

Yup, just get two clamps, I use c-clamps, and a nice straight edge. Mark your line according to the distance of the fence on the saw, clamp and cut!

Perfect cuts everytime as long as you measure and line it up right //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Once you use a straight edge to keep the cuts square (or as square as possible), you also need to really be critical of your measurements. Make sure to account for the saw blade and measure from the blade edge to the straight edge.

When making multiple cuts with the same dimension, I usually take the first piece I cut (after I have made sure it is the exact dimension I need) and I draw a line on the wood I'm going to cut by putting the first cut piece on top. I then check that measurement and make sure it's correct and then set up my straight edge to make sure that the blade sits correctly on the outside of the line. Once you're set up, you just rip as steady as possible and make sure all sides are supported well so you don't pinch the blade.

Without a table saw, I have found that method to work the best for me but it is very time consuming. What takes 20 minutes on a table saw, takes me about 2 hours with a circular saw.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.