Part II

Phatillusion
5,000+ posts

Banned
How long did it take you to somewhat understand that car audio is more than just buying the top brand subs, amps, and h/u's? Another words, learn that installation is the most important thing.

I've never read a book, I've never worked with anyone that had experience, basically learned things on my own trial and error. I've learned things from this forum, yet I don't always understand the basis of certain things such as motor structure and so on. I don't think I'm really ready to go into that part of car audio, as I really don't have things that are not quite as important as motor structure down pact yet. I've tried going to carsound.com and some of the posts are pretty much jibberish to me. I'm not even close to being there, but I've come a long way since my first system! I really would like to learn more, but learning takes time, and I don't have a lot of time, so I take it a day at a time.

Originally posted by Phatillusion How long did it take you to somewhat understand that car audio is more than just buying the top brand subs, amps, and h/u's? Another words, learn that installation is the most important thing.

I've never read a book, I've never worked with anyone that had experience, basically learned things on my own trial and error. I've learned things from this forum, yet I don't always understand the basis of certain things such as motor structure and so on. I don't think I'm really ready to go into that part of car audio, as I really don't have things that are not quite as important as motor structure down pact yet. I've tried going to carsound.com and some of the posts are pretty much jibberish to me. I'm not even close to being there, but I've come a long way since my first system! I really would like to learn more, but learning takes time, and I don't have a lot of time, so I take it a day at a time.
Top stuff? What's that? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I have a set of Seas P17RC home midbass drivers sitting around waiting to go in my car, as well as a morel MDT31 tweeter... Total cost for my fronts? About... hmm... 140 bucks... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Outperforms 90% of the premade units on the market... all she takes is a little patience and understanding... I completely agree with you- installation is key...

As for carsound, if you don't understand, why don't you ask? Most of the people there are pretty friendly, there are exceptions, but for the overall view, someone should be willing to pipe in and help explain..

Or hell, if not, feel free to shoot me an e-mail, I'll be glad to go into detail if something seems confusing at the time. Typically only have to learn it once, and from there, everything really starts to fit into place... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

When I was younger, I didn't have the money for top end equipment, so I was forced to settle for cheap stuff, so I had it in my mind to do the very best I could with what I had...still hold that philosophy! I'm glad I didn't have a lot of cash when I was younger, or I probably would have just went into a car audio store and ordered a bunch of stuff and let them charge me a few hundred bucks to put it in for me...wouldn't have learned a whole lot. Also, having cheap speakers, I did many little experiments of taking apart speakers and amps that I didn't use anymore and that gave me a really good understanding of how things work.

Keep it loud!

JELLYDIME

also check out this book "the car sterio cookbook"....it basicly explains everything you need to know about car audio.....you might check your local library they should have it....thats where i got mine at....then my dog tore the cover off so i have to buy it now....heh....good luck

It took me a lil over 3 years to finally figure out that brands arent everything and still today and finding that out it is the install and if you know what your doing can make anything possible.

I thought to myself:

"hmmmm..... I can get better stuff for the same amount of money if I install myself!"

and so, I installed everything myself!

All of these forums were not around when I first got into car audio. I first started by working at a local audio shop. I had a background in electronics. And I saw that I could make decent money while working with one of my hobbies. After alot of various installs with different qualities of equipment. I started to realize that the installation was as important as, if not more important than the equipment itself. I still have friends who still have their heads stuck in the sand //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif They believe the more money you spend on equipment the better it will sound. Some people just can't be changed. Oh well I let them blow their hard earned money. Eventualy they will learn.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.