Pac module SWI-RC has some confusing instructions/errors (?). Please help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

badshah2000

KIA Sedona 2006 EX

Radio: Kenwood

Pac Product: SWI-RC

According to Pac-audio website, the KIA Sedona plug is referenced by diagram "Hyundai 24".

Installation notes (App Guide #439 on pac-audio/swi website) say:

Note #110 : "Connect the INTERFACE's White wires to Pin 6 (Blue) of the above connector. Connect pin 18 (Blue/Black) of the radio connector to ground."

A couple of questions regarding this:

1. The first part of above referenced note #110 says to connect interface's white wireS (note plural!) to pin 6 (Blue) of the radio connector. Confusion is that there actually are multiple white wires. There is one white wire initially coming of the Pac's interface harness, which then turns into three white wires--one pure white, and the other two are white with different colored stripes on them. Do I connect all three of these white wires to Pin 6 (Blue) of radio connector, or just the Pure White? In other words, should I also connect the two sriped white wires to the pin 6 (Blue) of radio connector?

2. The second part of note #110 says "Connect pin 18 (Blue/Black) of the radio connector to ground". The problem is the pin 18 on my KIA Sedona original factory wiring harness is *not* Blue/Black. It is Red. I have photos of the factory harness taken from various angles which clearly show that while the pin 6 is Blue (as correctly described in note #110 ), the pin 18 (the cable directly underneeth pin 6 in second row per Hyundai 24 diagram) is RED. It is not Blue/Black as the note #110 says. What should I do?

3. Assuming that the note #110 described number of pin 18 correctoly and made an error in naming it correctly (or, Pac-audio will correct the error and let me know of the correct pin number in factory harness to connect with ground): can I just take one of the black wires from pac harness (in pac's interface harness, the black wire coming out of the harness connector is split into two black wires), and connect to the (pin 18) of factory harness?

it's common to have to ground one wire, in order for the steering wheel controls to work. you must get the wire correct, you can look in the steering console at the wiring leaving the factory control to verify color. you don't want to guess when grounding factory wires.

if the one white wire splits, cut it before it splits and just connect the one. the reason for the split is to be compatible with factory controls that have multiple wires.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.