out of these???

Dang that was quick. I posted it and then went back to look at and did not even have time to edit it before you posted..THANKS

I like fast replies //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

infinity's are incredibly harsh so take them off the list.

CDT's have very smooth response and produce an amazing natural tone.

None of the above, no offence but if I had to choose on eit would be the Focal. Make sure the midbass driver is oversize for your pickup. With the mounting location of the tweeter in the stock door panel I would only use MB Quart for it's off axis frequency response. This means that the tweeters will actually give you some usable output that you can hear cleary, even when the windows are down. Have a look at the MB Quart Discus series with the pure titanium tweeters.

http://www.mbquart.com

None of the above, no offence but if I had to choose on eit would be the Focal. Make sure the midbass driver is oversize for your pickup. With the mounting location of the tweeter in the stock door panel I would only use MB Quart for it's off axis frequency response. This means that the tweeters will actually give you some usable output that you can hear cleary, even when the windows are down. Have a look at the MB Quart Discus series with the pure titanium tweeters.http://www.mbquart.com

AHEM!!!

I want nice clean, not to harsh music.
might be a good thing to notice....lol...titanium and MB quart...yeah, real harsh. peace

NG

Of all the people here bashing MB Quart..........how many of you have ever had them in their vehicle.?? The reason I ask this is becuase what a certain speaker sounds like on display board will sound much differently in a vehicle. What forbidden was getting at was that in a door location the highs would not be in a very good listneing location therefore the brighter tweeters would be an advantage. My home speakers have titanium tweeters. When I bought them it was becuase of all the different brands on display at the time they were the smoothest of the bunch in my price range. The other brands were Snell, Klipsch, Definitive Tech, and Accoustic Research. I of course chose Mirage. So don't judge a speaker by its cover is what I'm trying to say.

Adam

Of all the people here bashing MB Quart..........how many of you have ever had them in their vehicle.?? The reason I ask this is becuase what a certain speaker sounds like on display board will sound much differently in a vehicle. What forbidden was getting at was that in a door location the highs would not be in a very good listneing location therefore the brighter tweeters would be an advantage. My home speakers have titanium tweeters. When I bought them it was becuase of all the different brands on display at the time they were the smoothest of the bunch in my price range. The other brands were Snell, Klipsch, Definitive Tech, and Accoustic Research. I of course chose Mirage. So don't judge a speaker by its cover is what I'm trying to say.
Adam
I honestly don't feel that a harsher tweeter makes it any easier to hear, I personnally hate them, on my Type X's i just have it set higher +2 db, and it sounds great. He said flat out he didn't want harsh tweets, as long as he isn't reflecting the tweets of hte windshield or something crazy like that they are going to be harsh.

I've heard every set except the Focals, and I own the CDTs. I'd say CDTs all the way as well, but there's been a lot of excitement around the Focals on this and other boards. Can't go wrong with either one of them, I'm sure. Mounting depth may be an issue with the CDTs, don't know about the Focals...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

99ChevyZ71

10+ year member
99ChevyZ71
Lexington, KY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from