Orion hcca 425.......... is it ok to bridge this in to 1 channel?

Participant count
  • Participant list
IIRC, the HCCA 425 is two HCCA 225s under one heat sink. If that is the case, you can either run all 4 channels @ 1/2 an ohm stereo to give you 200x4 OR bridge two channels per output @ 1 ohm each to give you 400x2. Unfortunately your options will be 4, 3, or 2, channels with that amplifier.

As for needing a bridging module, it depends what model yours is. If it says Digital Reference on top and/or has a MONO button, it won't need a bridging module. If it only has RCAs and a DIN plug with no other additional features, it will need a bridging module.

it is a pop top with the crosover chips but they are missing......the guy i got it from used jumpers to make it full range. i can just use an external crosover. as for .5 is it realy stable at that? i have a pair of 225's running at 1 ohm but i was alwas afraid to drop it any more.....im in it for the everday listning not the 3 min of fame....i just have an obbsesion with old hcca and rf dsm stuff.

It will run .5 ohm per channel and 1 ohm bridge. So you can run it 4 x .5 ohm or 2 x 1 ohm. I would not drop it any lower. Buy some cards off of ebay. I may have a few still, but not real sure any more.

I have been looking for the cards all over......... if you or anyone else on here has them i would gladly buy or trade..... thanks for all the info guys im sure ill be on here quite a bit.....very nice site

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.