orion hcca 425 amp question....

sancho20
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Does anyone know if they made these in silver..I now the 97.1 was in silver.I got 3 of these from my buddy that said they made them for an orion comp car.They look like they havent been messed with and came like this from the factory,but there is no writing on the end plates.Would there be any way to tell by the serial number?

At one time, Orion would custom make them for various shops. Stripped, Red, Black, gold, the purple NT color, and I forget the artist's name that did a weird finish for them too. Heck, one member on this forum has a 220GX Pink Floyd edition that was made as part of a promotion for a radio station.

Orion220-PF1.jpg

I think those are the concept series...97.3's maybe //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif ...if so they are staggered power...im thinking a 250 amd 225 under one chasis...instead of the 425

no the 97.3 is the same amp as the 2250 and the 97.1 is the same as the hcca 425 which is what i have but these are not conecpt amps just the same color but it says hcca 425 right on it ..

They are legit. I remember when those were just coming out a local shop back home had 2 of them just like those you have. If I recall they were all special order. I'm still friends with the builder from that shop, I can get a hold of him to verify if you want.

yes he is quite a character..first he never saw one ,now he says they are on ebay all the time and hes just going to wait a couple months till another one pops up..I told him ive been on ebay for 7 years and have never saw 1 of them ..and thanks for you help man i appreciate it..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.