Option is always greyed out.

Participant count
  • Participant list

NightScreams
10+ year member

indiana
Pioneer AVH-X3700BHS

It has an auto EQ feature I'd like to use where it measures your in car acoustics and sets delay..etc. However, that option is always greyed out and I don't know what to do to use it.

The manual is no help, it tells you to turn it on and shows the procedure. Page 45

http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchfield.com/ImageBank/v20150127112000/Manuals/130/130X1700S.PDF

The parking brake wire is connected. Parking brake set...the only thing that lights up is the Blutooth icon when I set the parking brake...so I know it's working. But Auto EQ is still greyed out.

The microphone is plugged in

I'm out of ideas on what to try. Anyone?

i know with the 80prs there's a network vs active mode and some features are disabled in one mode vs the other, admittedly im not familiar with your specific headunit but have you checked if there's a mode you need to be in?

i briefly read the manual and see it references standard vs network mode, does it matter which mode you're in to use the auto eq?

not familiar with network or standard mode nor what that means. However I think I got it manually tweaked pretty well atm. There's a chance I may not even like the auto EQ, I just wanted to experience what it considers SQ. But my audio sounds as if its comming from the center of my windshield, bass is tight and balanced into my midrange pretty well, nothing muddy, harsh, fatiguing or washed out so I guess I can't complain.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.