Optima Yellow Tops....

i may be wrong, but isnt the red top MUCH better as the main batter, because of the charge/discharge rate???
I was wondering that myself. If its only going to be one battery in my car(for everything) shouldnt it be a red top instead of a yellow? I kknow it all depends on the setup but for just every day bumpin' shouldnt a red top be plenty good //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/help.gif.cee8f684da1ba626487a8bc51152e1ec.gif

you all raise a good question. I really would like to know which would be better. Since it will be my everyday battery(the only one in the car).

any other input on this?

red or yellow???

Everyone says if you use a red top for a car audio set up it voids the warranty. But the real question is, If you buy the battery. You install the battery. If it should ever fail, yoiu just take it out and take it in to where you bought it for warranty and how would they now any different? A faulty battery is a faulty battery. They dont need to be in a high stress aplication to fail. I should know I deal with car batteries every day. I have seen bateries last 2 days and come back faulty.

Just my opinion!

When my current battery fails I will be going with a red top(Have to carve the top posts off though).

Yellow top is deep cycle.

I've actually emailed optima and they said that if i was running a system with more than a 500 watt draw, i should get the yellowtop for the main battery.

Don't really know if they took into consideration if the car was running/alt size/etc., but thats what they told me to do.

i have a red top. optima told me yellow top is fine for main battery. but theyr more expensive and those only point in getting one is if i needed to play it loud without the car on

Yellow top is deep cycle.
I've actually emailed optima and they said that if i was running a system with more than a 500 watt draw, i should get the yellowtop for the main battery.

Don't really know if they took into consideration if the car was running/alt size/etc., but thats what they told me to do.
Were they talking 500 peak or rms?

ok heres the scoop fellas. The red top is a starting battery, and has more cranking amps then a yellow top. Yellow top is a deep cycle, which means it has more reserve capacity. They way i have it in my truck, is a red up front for the main batt, and 4 yellows in the back. The reason the yellow is more expensive is because it can be charged and discharged again and again with no problems, where as the red really isnt made to do that. Also the warranty on the red is 1 year, when its 3 on the yellow. And no, warranties on reds are not void if you hook a stereo to it, thats just dumb

ok heres the scoop fellas. The red top is a starting battery, and has more cranking amps then a yellow top. Yellow top is a deep cycle, which means it has more reserve capacity.
thats what i was thinking. you said you have optima batteries... do you recommend them over say... stinger? or SVR?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.