Old guy over his head on audio equipment.

Old_Audio_Noobi

First off I apologize if this isn't in the right spot. I don't know alot about car audio but my grandsons birthday is coming up and I decided to surprise him with the system he's always wanted. I bought this box( GM CANYON /COLORADO SINGLE 10" REAR CONSOLE ) and it'll be here soon. The trouble I'm having is with subwoofers that will fit this box. I don't want to ruin his birthday by not getting the right equipment. I'm not all that great at measurements and stuff so any help would be greatly appreciated guys. Thanks for your time, Bill

First off I apologize if this isn't in the right spot. I don't know alot about car audio but my grandsons birthday is coming up and I decided to surprise him with the system he's always wanted. I bought this box( GM CANYON /COLORADO SINGLE 10" REAR CONSOLE ) and it'll be here soon. The trouble I'm having is with subwoofers that will fit this box. I don't want to ruin his birthday by not getting the right equipment. I'm not all that great at measurements and stuff so any help would be greatly appreciated guys. Thanks for your time, Bill
Do you have an amp yet? And how many watts is it. If you don't have an amp, you're going to need one

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

Do you have an amp yet? And how many watts is it. If you don't have an amp, you're going to need one

[quote name='Old_Audio_Noobi']@loudenuff Do you think I could use this one? ( NVX VCW102 10" Dual 2-ohm VC Series Car Subwoofer (VCW 102) )[/QUOTE]

Yep that might even work better. I was being cost conscious and wasn't sure how much power you had to run. Wire it in series, that way you come out to 4 ohm load. You don't want them seeing too much power, if I were you I'd have an audio shop hook it up for him just to be safe that it doesn't blow

This was the one he really wanted ( E Series 10 ) But I had no idea if it would fit that box. So if it's possible to get the sundown one I will. But if it won't then i'll take your advice and go with the NVX.
The if you wanted a sundown I'd get the sa or the one in between. You'll overpower the e

Whatever sub you get, make sure it says "Dual 2 ohm" so that it can be wired down to 1 ohm to match the amp. Otherwise it could either damage the amp or perform poorly (half power). that NVX VCW102 looked alright. The Sundown stuff is going to be better but the E and even the SD3 won't handle that much power. the SA-10 looks like it'll fit fine and should handle the power if he is careful with the Gain adjustment. the X series is too deep for that enclosure and might bottom out against the floor anyway.

---------- Post added at 06:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 AM ----------

There are a plethora of other 1000-1500w woofers out there that could do the job though.

Just get him a sundown SA-10d2. Set the gains conservative and let it rip!! It's a great sounding subwoofer that gets very loud very easy and extremely durable. Both of you will not be disappointed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.