Not happy with 1500 watts and multiple subs

Say what you want about SE's, in the right enclosure they sound **** good. And, your db numbers are way off. Im gonna take a wild stab at this and say you dont know what you are doing.

yea i would say something it wrong BIG TIME!!!!

with my 12 RE 8's in the cab sealed, with 1 MTX1501D amp on them did a 148+ with the windows down....

#1-Something is up with the mic. You still haven't explained what kind of mic or where you bought it from.

#2-Your box is prefab. Get a custom one built to the subs specs.

#3-Did you check the wiring? Maybe subs are running at 4ohm instead of 1ohm

#4-It's a cadillac. New cadillacs are a huge ***** to get sound into the cabin. Try removing your rear speakers to let more bass in.

well I took them out of the box... And it turns aout the shitheads that installed it got the wiring wrong... I used a volt meter and the total resistence was 3.6 -- 4 ohms nom, which is I think 450watts //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

So I pulled them out and rewired them correctly and now its .9 -- 1 ohm nominal -- haven't got the chance to hear them yet... I'll update later tonight.

well I took them out of the box... And it turns aout the shitheads that installed it got the wiring wrong... I used a volt meter and the total resistence was 3.6 -- 4 ohms nom, which is I think 450watts //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
So I pulled them out and rewired them correctly and now its .9 -- 1 ohm nominal -- haven't got the chance to hear them yet... I'll update later tonight.
Told ya.

Should get much louder now. I'm surprised you didn't notice this when the subs were barely moving from the 225 watts each.

Told ya.
Should get much louder now. I'm surprised you didn't notice this when the subs were barely moving from the 225 watts each.
Hahaha yeah dude thanks a lot... But believe it or not they were actually pretty loud to begin with, just a little less loud than my bro's pair of CVR's. And they weren't moving that much.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.