Noob here, need help wiring.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Meep
10+ year member

Florida
Hi, I bought two 12 RF Punch HX2s off Craigslist a few days ago in a sealed box and I need help wiring them to my Lanzar Heritage 1000W 2-ch. amp. I understand how to hook up everything except the subs to the amp... I bought the "QUANTUM QKQ8 8-Gauge Amplifier Kit" off Amazon (Use Google for more info on the wiring kit, forum won't let me post links) and I'm not sure how exactly I'm suppose to hook my amp up to the terminals with only one strand of blue speaker wire.

Thanks, John.

That one strand of blue wire is the remote turn-on lead, which is supposed to be run from the head unit. You will need to buy speaker wire.

That one strand of blue wire is the remote turn-on lead, which is supposed to be run from the head unit. You will need to buy speaker wire.
This kit is suppose to to come with 17' of speaker wire though :s

"Product Features

17-ft RCA cable

17-ft, 8 AWG red power cable

3-ft, 8 AWG translucent black ground cable

17-ft, 18 AWG remote wire

17-ft, 18 AWG speaker wire"

Picture of everything that come in the kit?

You know what speakerwire looks like right? Same size as that single strand of blue, just basically two of them stuck together

Never mind... I took a better look at all my cables and my speaker wire was wrapped around inside of the power cable and it blended in. Soz I'm dumb lol. Thanks for all the help though, much appreciated.

/close

Glad you found it, and glad they gave you what they claimed.

BEst of luck, we are here to help if you come across any real issues.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suave.gif.858fc102f7646e678ee8af7e1fbc41d1.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.