Nightshade v3 release?

They are a 2500 RMS rated speaker with "stock" options -- this can vary based on how it's configured. Most coil options would decrease from this; but are available for different types of response.

I've been holding the release a bit to get all of our new soft parts and frames in stock.

Also expect to see a massive array of options -- WAY more than anything we've ever offered. TONS of spider options, coils anywhere from ~81mm OD to ~88mm OD to fit mass, Le, and BL requirements (basically any coil from any 3" sub we've ever sold will work... and also the "stock" NS v.3 coil -- which is the largest OD unit by far **), optional copper pole sleeve, etc, etc.

That being said they will be fairly expensive; but I am holding off on announcing the full details on cost until I have all of OUR cost on the parts I need to make all the above work. Consumer price will directly reflect cost to manufacture compared to prior Nightshade woofers.

I would pin them on 1Q next year for full availability.

I would not expect a pre-order on them as we build them to order.

** -- I've been testing with 12-layer flat coils since the original "Monster" around 4 years ago... but I've actually changed that to an 8-layer bifilar round wire 4+4 aluminum coil (from what I was told -- the first of this type to be wound at Precision). BL and Le came out nearly identical to the 12-layers but with the round wire there should be significantly less "out-gassing" issues that can be present in flat wire coils when high heat is applied right away (bubbled formers can be a result).

Cool... I would love two 12's for my 4th order ported through the rear deck of my 2011 Malibu...7000 watts should make it a sweet video too I believe. If you need any testing or what not let me know Jacob.

Awaiting the release.

J

any idea what the air space requirements will be for the 15's and 18's? thinking about building another box for my z18v.3's until the nightshades come out. just wondering if i should build it slightly larger or diff port area.

any idea what the air space requirements will be for the 15's and 18's? thinking about building another box for my z18v.3's until the nightshades come out. just wondering if i should build it slightly larger or diff port area.
The requirement is no different ; but what they will work in has broadened dramatically.

In testing of the Z v.4 12" it tolerates a box 2x the volume of a v.3 due to dramatically increases suspension clearances (we have a proto in 3 cubes on a 3500D @ 0.5 ohm and only about an octave below tuning can we hit x-mech -- which is about 15 Hz in that box).

So you can use a larger box than old models if you want -- if you want to get the most low-end output possible and to drive up efficiency. But you don't HAVE TO use a big box to get good sound; although, you likely won't reach x-mech on the smaller boxes anywhere near even 2x the rated power.

a little of topic here, although i am definitely waiting for the nightshade v3 18's, do have any idea on when the emf ermagerd will be ready for purchase? two or maybe four of those would be nice instead of four nightshade 18's. i guess witch ever one comes out first will be in mah next build. emf 18x2 / nsv3 18x4 / zv4 18x6 / zv3 18x8

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Dtrom

10+ year member
MAF
Dtrom
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from