nightrunner06 "USE CAUTION"

evo9
10+ year member

Ft Laud
Just want to give members a warning on "nightrunner06" as a seller. Use caution when dealing with this guy! He will sit on your money till you bring action against him. Communication is weak and he will lie to make himself look good.

His for sale post> http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=360571&highlight=eclipse+ch5061

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/classifieds/41812-brand-new-car-audio-video.html

I called him twice; 1) time to check if the ch5061 was still available. 2) price offer on the changer.

I paid via paypal & it took him 9 days to ship the changer out. Had I not got paypal involved, I would still be waiting.

Delivery of the unit was unacceptable! Unit was not double boxed. The changer does not appear to be new as stated. It did not have the transportation lock and rubbers inplace. It was floating around in the oem box without any kind of support packing material. It stinks of cigarette smoke, took a week to get rid of the odor before installation.

Below is what happened via paypal.

From Buyer -

2/3/2009 00:32 PST

Please refund my money. It's week already and all I have got is excuses. No item received, no shipping information. I do not wish to conduct any business with you anymore. You have proven to be unreliable and untrustworthy.

From Seller - jonathan Laufenberg

2/3/2009 09:35 PST

i had told you last week that i do all of my shipping on mondays because i do alot of shipping. i did send it out priority and the tracking number is 0308 0660 0000 2204 2823. also the item was sent out in original packaging and the item is the same condition as described on the phone with you.

From Buyer -

2/3/2009 11:42 PST

Refund my money I do not want it anymore!!! You have wasted enough of my time. The dead line was 11.59PM 02/02/2009.

2/3/2009 12:13 PST

im sorry i cannot do that the item was sent and the deal was made, all sales final. there is nothing wrong with the item, it is brand new so there is no reason to refund it. it is not my fault you do not want it anymore.

From Buyer

2/4/2009 01:58 PST

Escalation will be the next step. You failed to ship the item within a reasonable time. You stated via email 02/02/2009, would be the ship date . You sat on my money for 8 days. If I had not filed a case with paypal you would have done nothing. According to the tracking number the ship date is 02/03/2009, you are at fault. I have already may point. I will be sure to let the guys on the caraudio forum know about this.

2/4/2009 05:39 PST

ebay allows up ten days to ship an item. when i recieved your payment i had to wait for it to clear into my bank account (3-4 days). and also like i said before i only ship once a week, for a couple reasons. (1). it is hard for me to get a ride to the post office (2). i dont have the time to ship more then once per week. i also did ask you on the phone if you wanted to pay extra for shipping. and you had said " no its fine, whenever it gets here, it gets here". and it is untrue that if you hadn't of filed a case with paypal, i wouldn't have done anything. i am a very honest person. take a look at my ebay account i have a 100% feedback score. And also i would like it if you were not to call me and harass me any more.

2/12/2009 06:14 PST

item was delivered. buyer had called me and said it was "just as described". dispute should be closed to free up my paypal account

My emails to him;

RE: ch5061Monday, February 2, 2009 11:40 AM

From: "auction rider" Add sender to Contacts To: "jd Laufenberg"

Please update me on the shipping info. .

--- On Wed, 1/28/09, jd Laufenberg wrote:

Subject: RE: ch5061

To: auctionrider.@yahoo.com

Date: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 9:07 AM

since i do sell alot of things, i do all my shipping on mondays i will update you then.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 02:10:45 -0800

To: nightrunner06@hotmail.com

Please update me on the shipping info. thxs

--- On Mon, 1/26/09, jd Laufenberg wrote:

Date: Monday, January 26, 2009, 8:35 AM

ya its got it everything thing is brand new in the box with manuals and all

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 21:25:47 -0800

Subject: Re: ch5061

To: nightrunner06@hotmail.com

I will pass that info on. But please let me know about the manual and the rubber locks, so I can pass that on too. .

--- On Sun, 1/25/09, jd Laufenberg wrote:

Subject:

Date: Sunday, January 25, 2009, 11:08 PM

if were going through paypal could he send 200 through to cover paypal fees and shipping. if so i can send priority!

USE CAUTION!!!!

dosent seem like anything wrong, id say 8 days is a very fair timespan for shipping? smelling like smoke isnt anything to ***** about... Now if it came in a bad shape other then stated or was broken in shipping i can see ur problem but from what i see n read u have nothing to complain about other then the 2 missing parts?

dosent seem like anything wrong, id say 8 days is a very fair timespan for shipping? smelling like smoke isnt anything to ***** about... Now if it came in a bad shape other then stated or was broken in shipping i can see ur problem but from what i see n read u have nothing to complain about other then the 2 missing parts?

Jeep~ it took him that much time to ship the changer off! Not 8 days in transit to receive it.

Closing notes at paypal.

2/12/2009 06:14 PST

item was delivered. buyer had called me and said it was "just as described". dispute should be closed to free up my paypal account

From Buyer -

2/22/2009 15:42 PST

You sir is a LIAR!!!! I called you twice, one time to check availability and the second time for price. I guess if you are not capable of being honest, then the next thing is to lie. We are done here! I have done what is needed to alert members of your poor business/trade method.

From Buyer -

2/22/2009 15:48 PST

Poor business practice and a complete liar! He will not take extra step to insure buyer confidence. Shipping of item is poor, no packing material and protective box. If you are a non smoker be carefull, his items will choke you to death.

PayPal Note: Buyer confirmed that buyer and seller reached an amicable resolution on this Dispute and buyer closed the Dispute.

2/22/2009 15:48 PST

the shipping time shouldnt be the big deal here. buying something that is sold as BNIB and does not come that way and has some things missing would be the issue at hand.

he saying he did not ship out for 8 days after he paid so add on another 2 or 3 or 5 for actual shipping time.

i agree if it came differently then was described but 8 days to get it shipped is fine IMO. I guess others dont have as much patience but when u buy off ebay its usually 5-10 days.

Missing parts should be the main reason here, not how long it took to get there, which 2-3 weeks shouldn't be main concern for making a thread.

The smoke? Are you serious?

I understand the packaging part, but does it work? Have you tried to install it? If it works, have the guy give you some money back for the item not coming as described. Simple as that really.

I have waited up to 4 weeks before on an item before I took action. Concern is fine, but try a little patience.

Also did you take any pics of when the item came?

If they can list a pic of the item ready to be sold that **** should be in the mail ASAP. Fuk all the excuses. People here have a ton of them. Just do what's right and treat business as you would want to be treated. If you anticipate family problems you shouldn't be selling. If you don't have a box, don't even list the item until you do. And there's not much more to say about poor packing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

evo9

10+ year member
evo9
Ft Laud
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views