New

Participant count
  • Participant list
I dont need the best, but I would like it to be sweet.
This is so vague as to be nearly meaningless. Have you ever heard nice car audio systems that you thought you'd enjoy for yourself? Do you like loud bass? Do you want it to get louder yet stay balanced? Help us out.

I want to add a double subwoofer in the trunk, 400 watt or higher for a loud bass. replace the six speakers in the cab for clearer and louder sound. since the current stock cd player burned out or something I need to replace that.

You can eat that budget up real fast if you don't start from the beginning and think about what you want, what the costs are, who's going to install all this s hit you want, etc.

Start with the brains of the system and how it will be used...Single din or double...Nav or no nav...How much audio control do you want...Car Play or Android Play...how are you going to get your music to the head unit, mobile device, etc.

One amp or two...one to power the subs and another to power the six speakers???

What subs? Size?...Once you've decided on a choice of several subs get the amp that best powers the subs.

Speaker sizes???? six speakers tells us next to nothing...what sizes, all coaxials? components? where are they located? Will you run a pair of them off the head unit amp as background fill? and the other four off another amp?

Who's going to install all this? Considering you don't really seem to know much about what you'd like I'll suggest you don't tackle this job as it is probably far beyond your abilities and you will start another thread asking about why you are blowing subs...

Don't forget the cost of installation, harnesses, connectors, etc...this cost will add up to a sizeable chunk at a reputable shop...good installers make more than minimum wage and the parts are not free...

I suggest you start doing some homework thinking about how you are going to get the sound and power you want...Start looking at and reading the specs about the devices you'll need...Google things like "how to install a car stereo system", etc. for all sorts of articles, links, etc. about this scene...there is a lot of info out there...some helpful some maybe not so much...if something is over your head google that s hit for explanations.

Don't buy cheap s hit...you always get what you pay for...that $99.00 double din head unit with nav may sound like a great deal but is a cheap piece of crap that will sound lousy and fail sooner than you'd like...buy quality even if it means starting small but have a plan for what the finished system will be...

Good luck and keep us informed

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

kurtsghost

kurtsghost
Ohio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Kai Winters