New to the site and still learning car audio basics! Need advice! Thanks!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mick White

Hi just recently got my car stereo to stage one- Pioneer x720bt DDin/ Kicker CS Series 6 1/2" doors, CS Series 6x9" rear deck, Kicker ZX200.2 amp, and 2 Kenwood KFC W112s 12" 8ohm 250w RMS in a sealed 3.0 cubic foot box. It don't sound bad at all but amp seem to get hot easily at 1/4 gain, no boost, using head unit crossover/LPF/HPF 100hz -12 on both. The speakers are 8 ohm so I have them run parallel to get 4 ohm load at 1x 200w. Which is the max output of the amp and only 100 each which is less than half of the 250 rms for subs. Any advice on setup or why amp is getting hot? Really any input whatsoever would be great! Thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Newbie to this site. Glad I found it. Just started my career and ready to take on the world. Electrician by trade. Entrepreneur at heart. Thank...
Toyota is really efficient. Usually the life of a Toyota last 18 - 25 years before the car or truck begins to wear down. 25 years then fixing...
i would recommend placing an amplifier on these to serve any justice at all https://www.polkaudio.com/en/product/mm1-series/mm6502...
added a 32AH bank to my system...... Cot damn! Now we rockin. Voltage staying above 13 wide open!! Just thought I'd update.
I may get a pair of his 6" woofers for the back. It's an extended cab pickup so the enclosure won't be as bad as a door with holes in it. Highs...

About this thread

Mick White

Mick White
Savannah, Ga
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Mick White