New to site w/08 Pathfinder thinking about sundown z4 12

Participant count
  • Participant list

08PathPounder

What's up everyone, I'm new here

Just bought an 08 pathfinder with 48k miles on it and everything is mint. Here's the thing. the stock stereo has got to go! A ridiculous 6 disc cd changer and no friggen audio jack! Crazy. So here's the deal I'm willing to spend a good amount of money. I want to throw a new sundown in but am not sure as to what wattage to run cause i have heard of a single twelve on 4500w and it took it all day long every day. I don't need that much power but do plan on replacing the 4 door speakers as well. I need advice on what to use as far as amps and wiring if I want to power it all. I'll be replacing the head unit with a touch screen JVC dvd multimedia more than likely unless any of yous got better advice

Please any help would be great

Happy holidays lady's & gents

Define a "good amount of money"! Also, are you going to do the install yourself? And, do you plan on keeping the stock electrical? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Well to be honest I'll spend as much necessary to make it sound right ya know? im looking to be in the $2,000 dollar range preferably less but like I said I want that thing to rattle the teeth out of my head. I hope I can get that from one twelve if it's in a properly tuned box wired up right along with the rest of the door speakers. What's your opinion? I got the cash I got the car with the space and I got the mechanical ability & tools needed to do this... I had an MTX t8500 sledgehammer rigged up @ the recommended 500w rms in a 2 door Cherokee all dynamited out and rhino lined and that sounded pretty **** good no bad rattles or anything.. Although admittedly it was not properly boxed so it didn't sound as good as it could have... With this I'm not trying to cut corners at all I want to do it right. Correct crimps with shrink wrap, sound dedning ( or however you spell it) everything clean and what not.. I'm no professional but with some guidance I'll be able to knock this out of the ball park I hope

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.