SOLD New style Soundigital 8000.1 8k

tenbux1970
10+ year member

Amateur Gynocologist
Up for sale is a Soundigital 8000.1 It is rated at 8000 watts at 12.6v,and there are tests that show over 10,000 watts with a Soundigital 8k.The test video's are up on youtube right now.

The "new style" refers to the amps casing.This very amp is about 6 monthe ols,and still has 4 years ,and 6 months of factory warranty left on it.What other amplifier company puts out a warranty like that?

I have not had one problem with this amp at all.I am selling this amp to help finance the new build of all Digital Designs.

I am looking to get 1150. shipped,and insured.

Soundigital004.jpg

Soundigital002.jpg

Soundigital003.jpg

i take it with only 1 power input for an 8k that these are very efficient amps.
That input discussion has gone on for quite a while.A short run of 1/0 can carry ALOT of current.Most decent 1/0 is rated at 250 amps,and that is over a 50 foot run.When the 1/0 gets shortened to a few feet it can really flow some power.If you have ever looked inside of an amp some of the bigger amps have big 1/0 or multiple power connections.When the cover is taken off the wire inside is much much smaller.Some are carried by a Printed Circuit Board trace.

These "little" amps surprise a lot of people.This one would do 154.4 @36hz in my Durango.

Prett sure that is the way it works.

Forgot to mention that this amp has a two stage cooling fan set up.One fan runs when the amp is on.I believe the outside fans run when the amp reaches a certain temperature.I never ran the amp at a higher level long enough to find out for sure.Actually never even got warm to the touch.

I am running 4 Digital Designs 9518 H dual 2.My final ohm load is 1,and I do not know my rise.The Durango was built for music,so the ohm rise does not really matter to me.About 99% of the time the amp gain is all the way down.

9518wall008.jpg

9518H011.jpg

would you post pics of her guts???
Here are a few pics from the web.I would have to disconnect the amp,pull it out,take it apart to get a few pics of the inside.Then that would risk losing the warranty from taking it apart.I do not want any chance of warranty issues for the new buyer.

Soundigital8kguts.jpg

Soundigital8kguts2.jpg

Soundigital8kgutpics3.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.