New Radio, amp, front component speaker, and two 8" sub

Participant count
  • Participant list
I want to save money with this system because the van is old. By upgrade to new head unit, 6 channel amp, front component speaker run with passive x over, and two 8" sub.

It will be for Honda Odyssey 2010.

Head unit: Might be Blaupunkt San Jose 120 ($130)

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_423SANJOSE/Blaupunkt-San-Jose-120.html?tp=20217

Amp: might be Zapco ($600)

Front speaker: Focal ES 165KX2 ($800)

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_091ES165X2/Focal-ES-165KX2.html?osp=focal+165+kx2&tp=106

two 8" sub ($200)

1. Do you guys think the sound would be MUCH better than stock system?

2. What do you recommend for 8" sub crossover?

3. Please advise any other options.

Thank you,

PS I will add DSP in the future

I want to save money with this system because the van is old. By upgrade to new head unit, 6 channel amp, front component speaker run with passive x over, and two 8" sub.It will be for Honda Odyssey 2010.

Head unit: Might be Blaupunkt San Jose 120 ($130)

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_423SANJOSE/Blaupunkt-San-Jose-120.html?tp=20217

Amp: might be Zapco ($600)

Front speaker: Focal ES 165KX2 ($800)

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_091ES165X2/Focal-ES-165KX2.html?osp=focal+165+kx2&tp=106

two 8" sub ($200)

1. Do you guys think the sound would be MUCH better than stock system?

2. What do you recommend for 8" sub crossover?

3. Please advise any other options.

Thank you,

PS I will add DSP in the future
says he wants to save money. Planning on a Zapco and a DSP. Oxymoron? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

you might want to consider a better head unit as that is pretty much bottom of the barrel for dvd players. Do you require keeping it double din? You can get far better sound from a similarly priced single din unit. Subs, for that price range, you might be relegated to a rockford at best

you might want to consider a better head unit as that is pretty much bottom of the barrel for dvd players. Do you require keeping it double din? You can get far better sound from a similarly priced single din unit. Subs, for that price range, you might be relegated to a rockford at best
Thank you. Yes, I want to keep double din, any suggestion?

The more output voltage is better? Why?
Less gain required from the amp to get the sound level you want out of it. The gain is also called "input sensitivity", which more accurately describes what that knob does. When setting a gain, you want to run the deck at the maximum volume you're planning on turning it up to ever, and turning the gain up to just below clipping. That gets the most out of the amp without abusing it or running the risk of blowing a speaker

The more output voltage is better? Why?
yep like he said more preamp voltage just makes amp work better., wish u could go with single din hu like mine $119 has lots of tuning options and xovers.. yeah normally peeps here try talk posted into spending more $ but those comps are high (i'm sure they nice but still) u can look at some cdt sets they have some comp sets with rear coax for less that $1200.. all i see is u say zapco amp u mean to run everything with it or what? if u want 1 amp to do all look at sundown 5 channel and maybe get 2 10's instead of 8"s unless u were just trying to save space (of course u could do 1 10-12" ported maybe be better than 2 8's) were u doing then sealed or ported?

yep like he said more preamp voltage just makes amp work better., wish u could go with single din hu like mine $119 has lots of tuning options and xovers.. yeah normally peeps here try talk posted into spending more $ but those comps are high (i'm sure they nice but still) u can look at some cdt sets they have some comp sets with rear coax for less that $1200.. all i see is u say zapco amp u mean to run everything with it or what? if u want 1 amp to do all look at sundown 5 channel and maybe get 2 10's instead of 8"s unless u were just trying to save space (of course u could do 1 10-12" ported maybe be better than 2 8's) were u doing then sealed or ported?
Thank you. Yes, one amp for the whole system. I want sealed.

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

Thank you.

Just double din is fine.
if u see a deal on a amp or something just maybe ask guys here before u buy it., peeps always come back and say i just got this planet audio amp from my friend for $150 lolllllll.........

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.