new..no EXP..06 scion xb

thelocal

Hello everyone,been checking out this site seems really awesome..i want to invest some into my 06 scion xb..mostly a new hobbie,new life type of thing..not trying to go pro level or anything just want to stand out from the average joe..live in a small town not many nice scion xb's..I want to redo the sound form stock to something nice..some nice beat,clear sound ..am wanting to build my own boxes,encloses.im good with my hands and i have nothing but time..trying to get something nice and one the cheaper side..all help is welcome..im a newbe so please keep the flaming down

what are you looking to spend? how do you plan to use the car? doing a wall clamshell, regular box? size subs wanted? give us some more to work with. personally I like to do single sub setups that blow the 2 12s and 2 15s guys out of the water but hey its your world. anyway give us some details and we will give you our opinions and plenty of nuthuggery will be shared.

what are you looking to spend? how do you plan to use the car? doing a wall clamshell, regular box? size subs wanted? give us some more to work with. personally I like to do single sub setups that blow the 2 12s and 2 15s guys out of the water but hey its your world. anyway give us some details and we will give you our opinions and plenty of nuthuggery will be shared.
hey man i like the single sub idea.but im all ears .i use to have 2 12's back when i was a younger buck,hooked it all up wrong,it had some beat but didnt sound good at all lol,a guy with 3 10's blew me out the water..i just plan on using the car to impress girls..im a PUA(pick up artist) so im just using this to stick out of the crowd,plus like i said i love learning new things and building **** with my hands..i want a new headunit,i want to get a gps(i **** at directions)..im all ears..as far as price goes?im not sure,the cheapest route the better lol like i said newbi here that catch on quick..im all ears man..im also re doing the interior,etc giving this ***** a new make over

i dont live in nola no more homeboi..i live out in the country of mississippi..and naw lol i dont NEED anything to pick up girls..lol fun fact..i never payed for a date or ***..most guys have not me

1.) Audiobahn Immortal - Immaculate sound reproduction and the flames make it louder. Get as many of them as you can fit. Make sure the box is sealed. Some 1/2" plexi on the front would look sweet too.

120261d1246650182-f-s-12in-audiobahn-amp-audiobahn-12in-speaker.jpg

2.) Boss Audio amplifier - You're going to need at least one of these per subwoofer. They could probably hand 2 per subwoofer but that make do a 170dB and shatter glass. Do not want that. These are top of the line and the newest technology available.

ripd3.jpg

3. OSB - A builder's best friend. Be sure to get at LEAST 1/4" OSB from Home Depot, Menards or a similar store. It's the best material for subwoofer enclosures. Offers an extremely strong design & because of the glue in the panel it's said to be 15x as strong as a 2x4 of similar size.

OSB.jpg

4. Get some nails, a hammer & get to work. This thing won't build itself.

130_0810_05_z+2005_scion_xb+moving_shot.jpg

Nevermind the resident pros they were car audio prodigies never a beginner. Best thing I could tell you is forget the cheap route you get what you pay for. Although that don't means higher is better. Check sound solutions audio the have a good selection of products off the main stream radar. Also check the build logs and read the stickies a lot of good information is available here to help know what to look for in terms of specs and quality brands. Get informed and know what you want before your waste your money.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.