New member looking for Truck audio suggestions

Wardulack
10+ year member

MD
Hey all I am new to the forums. I used to have an 06 chevy cobalt with 2 DD 9512's 4k watts pushing them a pioneer premier HU 0 gauge wiring and lots of deadening. I recently got rid of the car and the system and bought myself a new RAM 1500 crew cab.

I currently have a stock HU, a Lightning Audio 1000.2 amp, some prefab enclosure that fits under the rear seat, and two shallow mount 10 inch pioneer ts-sw251's. I am pretty unhappy with the system and wanted to get some advice/suggestions. I know im not going to be able to shake down houses a mile away anymore but i would like to be able to **** off people next to me in rush hour traffic lol. I refuse to modify the truck it self at all, I need the rear seats unfortunately. Im not afraid to spend money however i would like to try to keep things reasonable. Im pretty sure im stuck with shallow mounts.

Any advise / suggestions would be great. Also if anyone knows of any car audio groups in the Baltimore it would be cool to get involved in. Thanks all!

You can still shake down houses with the right setup. I have a silverado crew cab and had Brian at starmountainsound built me a enclosure that fits under the seat and holds 4 sundown sa 8v2's with no modifications to the seat. He was able to squeeze as much as possible out of the box and I ended up with 2.7ft^3 net ported at 33hz. I am in the middle of getting all four in but have been running two subs with a 1100 watt amp and it is LOUD. With all 4 and the 3500.1 I bought it will be stupid loud. I came from a suv with 2 DD 9015's so I know loud and the 4 8's will be just as loud if not louder. Check out my build in progress here http://www.caraudio.com/forums/general-discussion/564731-just-installed-my-sa8v2s-pics.html

WOW man that setup looks really good. It sounds like we had a similar system in the past. I miss it like craazy!

I would kill for a set-up like you have going in your truck, but unfortunately I havent been able to find a really good car audio guy out here, and i am nearly retarded when it comes to building boxes and installing lol. If you dont mind sharing how much did your new system run you? Do you have to have any extra batteries or alternators? If your box builder would be willing to build one and ship it, I would definately be intrested. I REALLY need to get my obnoxious system back lol. Im really not familiar with Sundown audio but i have heard good things about them!

Thanks alot for sharing your set up with me, and hopefully i can get one similar.

my truck is a 2011 ram 1500 crew cab. i would need a box built for the truck model because we have these cargo buckets under the rear seat that are metal and cant be removed =(

The guy that built my box I found on this forum and he is the f'n man when it comes to custom enclosures. Look at the vendor section, click on star mountain sound and Brian will build you a box and ship it at a very reasonable price. I paid $180 shipped.

I have been spending a decent amount but it didn't hurt to bad cause I just sold a bunch of stuff from my garage to offset almost all the cost. I spent $640 for 4 the subs, $500 on the amp, replaced the stock bat with a xs 6500d I picked up off craigslist for $160, $600 for Head unit plus kits/adapters, $180 on the box, $255 for all wiring/distibution blocks/big 3/etc, and $325 for a Tenney 300 amp alt. I think that is it lol. But all in all it is well worth it and is super loud! Just amazing what the right box an 8's can do.

WOW man that setup looks really good. It sounds like we had a similar system in the past. I miss it like craazy!
I would kill for a set-up like you have going in your truck, but unfortunately I havent been able to find a really good car audio guy out here, and i am nearly retarded when it comes to building boxes and installing lol. If you dont mind sharing how much did your new system run you? Do you have to have any extra batteries or alternators? If your box builder would be willing to build one and ship it, I would definately be intrested. I REALLY need to get my obnoxious system back lol. Im really not familiar with Sundown audio but i have heard good things about them!

Thanks alot for sharing your set up with me, and hopefully i can get one similar.

Can't remove the cargo boxes? That *****. There is no way to get rid of them? How much room you have behind the seat?

my truck is a 2011 ram 1500 crew cab. i would need a box built for the truck model because we have these cargo buckets under the rear seat that are metal and cant be removed =(

The guy that built my box I found on this forum and he is the f'n man when it comes to custom enclosures. Look at the vendor section, click on star mountain sound and Brian will build you a box and ship it at a very reasonable price. I paid $180 shipped.
I have been spending a decent amount but it didn't hurt to bad cause I just sold a bunch of stuff from my garage to offset almost all the cost. I spent $640 for 4 the subs, $500 on the amp, replaced the stock bat with a xs 6500d I picked up off craigslist for $160, $600 for Head unit plus kits/adapters, $180 on the box, $255 for all wiring/distibution blocks/big 3/etc, and $325 for a Tenney 300 amp alt. I think that is it lol. But all in all it is well worth it and is super loud! Just amazing what the right box an 8's can do.
Nice man i completely agree amazing sound is definitely worth it. Money really isnt too much of a factor for me, not saying im rich or able to spend alot of money but something within reason is not unobtainable for me. if this is anywhere near the sound of my 2 dd9512's like u said it would be i would die a happy man lol.

Can't remove the cargo boxes? That *****. There is no way to get rid of them? How much room you have behind the seat?
Nah man they are metal and made as part of the cab unfortunately. and behind the seat there is a tiny bit of room but if i lift the seat up which i would do it sits completely against the back wall so no room at all. I guess i may have to contact this Brian, and see what he says and what he thinks would be reasonable to try to fit.

Shoot brotha you might be sol.. Willing to do a blow through? I don't know what else you can do..

Nah man they are metal and made as part of the cab unfortunately. and behind the seat there is a tiny bit of room but if i lift the seat up which i would do it sits completely against the back wall so no room at all. I guess i may have to contact this Brian, and see what he says and what he thinks would be reasonable to try to fit.

Shoot brotha you might be sol.. Willing to do a blow through? I don't know what else you can do..
Lol no way would i do a blow through. Hopefully he would be able to build a box to hold at least 2 of them. If thats the case would you say it would be worth it? how does two sound? is it enough to turn heads in the cars around you?

Yea it is still loud. I am only giving them 500w each in a box built for 4 (to big for 2). I think 2 of them in the right ported box with say 800-1k each they would be very loud!

how would you compare just the 2 to your 9500 series DD? Im really intrested in this setup you sold me at louder than 9515 lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.