New Head Unit - Not turning on

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hey,

So I purchased a DSX-S100 for my girlfriend, and it finally arrived today.

She has a 93 Civic cx - Which had no harness or head unit (just a bunch of wires).

I cross referenced the old civic wires with the new colours from a website and checked the unit instructions for verification.

The only thing that I didn't follow to a tee was removing the crimp ring terminal from the ground wire and connecting it directly to the civic's ground wire (we had trouble finding a suitable metal screw to ground it on).

After this, we plugged it in along with the antenna wire and pushed the unit all the way in.

Hit the reset button, and put on the face plate - Turned on the car.

Nothing, No lights, no sound, no beeps, no smoke or explosions.

What do you think I have done wrong?

The only leftover wires on the unit harness was an orange one, and a wire with an AMP label on it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.