New ED As

The new As are pretty ridiculous. Mechanical and thermal powerhandling is through the roof. Flat outperform the original As in every possible way.

You'd have to try pretty **** hard to damage them. I had the proto 12 upto around 4" p2p before the spider began to hit the top plate, and that's pretty nuts, if you ask me...

yeah im interested in there. when are they coming out? what are the prices gona be? whats the specs gona be like? what the power handling? any pics?? warbleed tell us what u know.

there actually is another Thread on SIN that is something like "might take some getting used to" or something like that, they gots pics of the the newer style A will look like, and i have to say that it is sexy.

al

The new As are pretty ridiculous. Mechanical and thermal powerhandling is through the roof. Flat outperform the original As in every possible way.
You'd have to try pretty **** hard to damage them. I had the proto 12 upto around 4" p2p before the spider began to hit the top plate, and that's pretty nuts, if you ask me...
so according to SIN you were doing that with 2.5kw free air, a certain someone also told me you had 3.2kw on it at one point. good god, is something wrong with you?

al

so according to SIN you were doing that with 2.5kw free air, a certain someone also told me you had 3.2kw on it at one point. good god, is something wrong with you?
al
Well, not really freeair. It was in a ported box, but it performed like it when we had it to max excursion, because it was waay below port tuning.

We had it hooked to my QSC PLX-3402, which is rated at 3400x1@4 ohms.

We never clipped the amp, but on the 1-100Hz sweep, we got the full 4" of throw.

Didn't hurt the sub a bit either.

Well, not really freeair. It was in a ported box, but it performed like it when we had it to max excursion, because it was waay below port tuning.
We had it hooked to my QSC PLX-3402, which is rated at 3400x1@4 ohms.

We never clipped the amp, but on the 1-100Hz sweep, we got the full 4" of throw.

Didn't hurt the sub a bit either.
ooooooooooo weeeeeeeeee!!!, mind if i make a little trip to iowa early this summer, i want to check this stuff out for myself.

al

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

smokeoff

10+ year member
here's my 3 cents
smokeoff
Cambria,WI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date