New coaxial 6.5 inch speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

Hobse

His everyone first post. I was looking for some guidance for some new speakers for my 2007 GMC Canyon. I'm thinking jbl p662's but taking suggestions in that price range. I'm also confused about some specs like the rms. does the rms need to match or be lower than my deck? Can it be too powerful and break my deck? At what point do I need a power amp?

His everyone first post. I was looking for some guidance for some new speakers for my 2007 GMC Canyon. I'm thinking jbl p662's but taking suggestions in that price range. I'm also confused about some specs like the rms. does the rms need to match or be lower than my deck? Can it be too powerful and break my deck? At what point do I need a power amp?
Power rating is what the speakers can handle, not put out. Decks only put out 6 to 10 watts, its still enough to power most aftermarkets, but they wont reach their full potential. However, most decks cant support a 2 ohm load and that jbl speaker is a 2 ohm load so i'd advise against that unless you plan on adding an amp along side those speakers.

What are your goals here man? Whats missing from your setup/music

I'm eventually looking to do new deck, speakers and a kicker hideaway due to space in my car but since I don't have the funds for all of it right away I will buy it in sections and I figured the sound quality would be much better with the new speakers in intil I can afford the deck and kicker. But I'm still looking for a good door speaker unless I hear some good things about the jbl p662

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.