new CD player of 05 stang

Participant count
  • Participant list

DbRufus1234
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
well im gonna get a new cd player in my 05 gt because the factory cd player will rarely play MP3s, anyway what i was wondering is, when i install the new cd player will i have to worry about bypassing the facroty amp or anything like that or can i just hook it up and go with it?? also will the new cd player be useing the factory amp or just the internal amp on the cd player??

You didn't mention if the mustang had the shaker system or not. If it doesn't, then you can just plug into the factory harness and sound will come from the HU. If it does, then you do the exact same, but on the second plug there will be a ground, and amp turn on and then two wires for signal that will go to the factory subs in the doors. But a 1000 ohm resistor in line on the amp turn on and wire up the two signal wires to an rca preout and you'll have sound through all the speakers, as well as be able to have sub control on the 8"s in the doors.

Everything will work, but you will get a turn on/off pop through the speakers, as well as when you change sources(usually on the sources).

The factory amps use a 5 volt turn on, rather than the 12 volt the aftermarket radio sends.

Everything will work, but you will get a turn on/off pop through the speakers, as well as when you change sources(usually on the sources).
The factory amps use a 5 volt turn on, rather than the 12 volt the aftermarket radio sends.
but that wont hurt anything will it??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.