New Brahma

Hawaiian
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
CA
Sorry, couldn't find this in the search.

Picked up a Brahma 15" last year, but since I was home for the summer I am only now really getting it cleanly installed. What's the difference between the Brahma I have and the new model (not asking about specs, i have already compared some of the parameter eg. additional Xmax and displacement). I just want to know if someone has sat down and listened to the two and seen (heard) if there is all that much of a change.

There shouldn't be -- it seems like much more of a consemetic refreshing than a changing of the performance. They may have a mildly better level of performance, but I would not expect anything audible.

Nobody has sat down to listen to the new ones yet, you can't actually get them at the moment.

Somebody on here has heard one, its just who will tell. I was wondering if I could run one of the new ones with my old school brahma?

I've tried e-mailing adire to see if I could get one of those instead of the old version that i've been sending back and forth with them since mid summer. I'm crossing my fingers that they will send me the new version.

I'd have to agree with Jacob. The new Brahma is more of a cosmetic upgrade than anything, with a few minor performance tweaks.

I doubt anyone would really be able to hear the difference between the new and old Brahmas...

I agree, mostly comsmetic some minor changes, nothing really audible. If you were an SPL guy you might be able to squeeze maybe .1 or so DB more out of the new ones. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thats my 2 cents.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.