new ascendant components

I was going to, but I'm getting too impatient to wait.

I heard they're 3 1/8" mounting depth, and are expected to ship in March.

A hell of a deal, the tweeters alone(unmodified for car use) are worth around $115

Can you beat that...even with DIY?
Possibly...hard to say without knowing how their actual performance is.

If they sound like **** it doesn't matter how cheap they are //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

(not saying they will sound like ****.....)

i like aa but as there older subs go they arent the smoothest sounding i ever had . some really like that (gets peaky) i like it a little smoother and they got loud in an "sq" set up. my guess is they will be pretty good but very taste dependant.

i dont think they will stink but i dunno about being awesome. its a component set that doesnt have a synchronous advantage so at 199 bucks i dont really know. for the price though i bet its well worth it if you look at them from that prospective

What differences are there between the XT25 "car" version and the regular XT25? Just the mounting flange?

Because the XT25's are pretty renouned for having poor off-axis response....I would be a little worried about using them sucessfully in a car without knowing whether or not the off-axis performance was improved.

What differences are there between the XT25 "car" version and the regular XT25? Just the mounting flange?
Because the XT25's are pretty renouned for having poor off-axis response....I would be a little worried about using them sucessfully in a car without knowing whether or not the off-axis performance was improved.

I wasn't aware of this concern. Yes the principal difference was the mounting flange as I understand. I suppose I will need to e-mail chad to see if there are any performance issues.

Also, wouldn't mounting in the A-pillar alleiviate some of the off-axis problems since the tweeters are facing you?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.