New Alpine PDX Amps

Participant count
  • Participant list

cam5860
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Anybody heard these yet? They are supposed to sound twice as good as last years model to hear alpine tell it at ces event. I know they raised the damping factor to a 1,000 from 500 on last years model. So the bass should be tight and clean. I saw a birth sheet on the 1200.1 model and it said actual power was 1418 watts. These baby's put out some serious power this year. They are also 20% slimmer than last years model.

The 600 watt it still retails for 500 but they replaced the 1000 watt with 1200 watts this year. It retails for 900 bucks. I found a new one for 530 online. That's a steal if you ask me for 1400 watts in that small of a foot print. Checkout the alpine website. It will tell you about all the new features this year.

I found a new one for 530 online. That's a steal if you ask me for 1400 watts in that small of a foot print.
For $20 more you can get a 3,000+ watt zenon amp. The small footprint is nice, and I have to admit the new Alpines look nice, but even at $530 the PDX-M12 is hardly a steal. I guess it's a steal if you need 1,200 and you absolutely can't, for whatever reason, use a bigger amplifier.

I agree misfit! For me the small size is a big deal with a regular cab truck. Back in the day people that had regular cab truck were lucky if they could fit a 300 watt amp under there seat. Now you can make a regular cab truck slam with anything out here nowadays with the small amps and shallow mount woofers.

Alpine has the new shallow mount type r's coming out soon with 3.5 mounting depth. They have over 16 mm of xmax with a power handling rating of 600 watts RMS. Regular cabs trucks are going to be winning spl competitions before to long the way technology is moving along.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.