new 2012 alpine type s...

Rich00
10+ year member

Old timer
I picked up a new alpine type s 10" and was wondering if anyone has heard this new sub. It has been completely redone for 2012 and the stats are better as well. I was just wondering if anyone has heard this new sub. I'm getting it hooked up sunday but was curious.

Also I know you guys are like you can get this sub and this sub for the money but I got a straight bargain on it. So don't recommend different subs just opinions on this sub please.

I bought a 10" type S maybe 2 months ago and haven't hooked it up yet. What is the difference between the old and new ones? Also how do you tell if it is the 2012 version? I might have gotten it. It's a nice looking sub for an entry level sub.

I bought a 10" type S maybe 2 months ago and haven't hooked it up yet. What is the difference between the old and new ones? Also how do you tell if it is the 2012 version? I might have gotten it. It's a nice looking sub for an entry level sub.
The easiest way to tell is the surround its just like the type are surround. I'm getting a ported box tomorrow for it so I'll let you all know compared to my FI X. I would continue to use the FI but wrong ohm load with my new amp.

The new alpine woofers still have the logo (E, S,, R, X) on the bottom of the cone, but the 2012 model has a shiny metallic like cone.

When I used winisd to plot it out earlier today it was gonna be louder and flatter response curve than the FI I will wait and see how it sounds though.

I got my box for this type s today. Wow is all I can say it smokes the FI X 10" I've had that FI in a correct ported box and apples to apples the type s is louder and I like the sound of this sub better. Now all this is my opinion of course I'm glad I bought this type s. Now to try and sell the FI

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.