need someone to design me a box

bonesninja
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Lima, Ohio
ok boys --- i need someone to design me a box. jmac did my last box but i've pm'd him a couple times to get no response back so i need a box guru to help me out. 2 alpine type x 12"s 4 cf after displacement tuned to 35 hz each sub in its own chamber w/ slot ports. anyone want to help me out here? will pay $10. let me know. i got all the other specs from alpine too.

^ See above post.

Speaking of which, if my newest idea doesn't work out, I'll be sending one your way, too.

how difficult can box designing be? although i dont even know how to design a boxes yet im sure it will be pretty easy to learn if and when i do decide to learn. once you get down the basic principals of port area calculation, its pretty easy to build any kind of box including ported ones.

maybe im missing something?

how difficult can box designing be? although i dont even know how to design a boxes yet im sure it will be pretty easy to learn if and when i do decide to learn. once you get down the basic principals of port area calculation, its pretty easy to build any kind of box including ported ones.
maybe im missing something?
well since the quality of the sound your looking for is about 90% install/enclosure design--------its a good idea to get it right.

There's *so* much more to it than just port area and length. I talked to Jmac while he was designing mine back in January. I learned more in 3 days than 3 months listening to local dealers. Anyone can cut holes in a sealed box, but the pro can do it right. That's why 2 out of the 2 ported boxes I've made haven't quite been able to sound good. =p

There's *so* much more to it than just port area and length. I talked to Jmac while he was designing mine back in January. I learned more in 3 days than 3 months listening to local dealers. Anyone can cut holes in a sealed box, but the pro can do it right. That's why 2 out of the 2 ported boxes I've made haven't quite been able to sound good. =p

I'd be interested to hear what more there is to it that takes a pro to do? There must be a **** good reason for these "pros" to be charging people $10-$15 for some

box dimensions //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

i think one of the box building pros needs to create a box designing tutorial and one of the mods should sticky it. would be pretty useful. just a basic tutorial about how to create a design for sealed and ported enclosures, not custom boxes.

but a few people could lose business...

I'd be interested to hear what more there is to it that takes a pro to do? There must be a **** good reason for these "pros" to be charging people $10-$15 for some box dimensions //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
any box guys wanna take this one?

the way i look at it is this----if i have to 10-15 extra bucks to get it right--then thats pretty cheap considering i'll have well over a grand in my trunk alone not including wiring and head unit and interior speakers. so whats an extra couple duckets?

the way i look at it is this----if i have to 10-15 extra bucks to get it right--then thats pretty cheap considering i'll have well over a grand in my trunk alone not including wiring and head unit and interior speakers. so whats an extra couple duckets?

This forum is here to help people learn about car audio. I realize you offered to pay someone to design your box right off the bat but in most cases on here, people ask for help designing a box and the first reply they get is "pay someone to do it" or "I'll do it for $15"....I just don't see how this is one bit helpful. If you think you should be getting paid for your services, open up or go to work for an install shop.

In some cases it may be more difficult to design the box but yours and most requests on here are pretty straightforward, you know the volume and tuning frequency you want or they are specified by the manufacturer. It doesn't take much more than 20 minutes to calculate the dimensions for one of these. I often see a few of the people who charge for designs logged onto the forum for hours on end...it is pitiful that they can't take an extra 20 minutes to help out a fellow car audio enthusiast.

bonesninja, if you want a FREE blueprint, send me a pm.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.