muffler..

Jordantyler
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
arkansas
Well my jeep makes a Nasty loud noise when i drive and tis really to the point where i want to do something bout it, I was told i have a leak in my Exhaust? Anybody have any idea what it could be? also if i got a new muffler how much would it cost?

Getting a muffler may not cure the problem, though...

An exhaust leak and a bad muffler isn't necessarily one in the same. You could have bad doughnut gaskets. There could be holes rusting through other parts of the pipe somewhere. An 'exhaust leak' is a pretty vague diagnosis and before spending any money, if you do not know what the exact problem is yourself, take it to a muffler shop and let them tell you what is actually wrong with it.

Would it be alot of money to fix a doughnut gasket? cuz i was told it might be that too! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

also sqeeky brakes anything i can do with that to help that shity noise lol
squeky brakes mean your pads are down low, and if you dont change them it could warp your rotors. Which is pricey. To get all 4 of my brake pads changed costed me like 110 buz since my rotors were kinda warped. My brake pads didnt have the "sqeakers" or whatever there called to let me know they were going bad. So change em

squeky brakes mean your pads are down low, and if you dont change them it could warp your rotors. Which is pricey. To get all 4 of my brake pads changed costed me like 110 buz since my rotors were kinda warped. My brake pads didnt have the "sqeakers" or whatever there called to let me know they were going bad. So change em
um, just to add on to this, dont swap pads without doing Something with the rotors. your brakes typically develop a wear pattern, and new pads obviously have a fresh surface which doesnt mate properly with a previous wear pattern, so get the rotors machined or buy new ones if there isnt enough material to have them machined.

and the squeak bar thing, yeah thats kind of like a moron proof warning system, similar to the idiot lights in your dashboard... if you dont know something is wrong already, these indicators are there to let you know thats theres probably already some damage. you should know your cars braking feel and be able to tell when it diminishes.

Look for exhaust coming out of the whole assembly. Other than the muffler.

Not a jeep nut, but.. if you have a 4-banger.

check your downpipe coming from your intake manifold. I've seen some crack right at the mainfold. Including mine on my 4-banger

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Jordantyler

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
Jordantyler
arkansas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date