MPI's 2002 Ford Explorer

MPI
10+ year member

So my original plan has changed a bit... The original plan was to only change out the Sony amp and put in a Rockford mono and a Polk 4 channel... it has evolved now into a full blown replacement of everything... up in the front doors are a pair of Polk 5X7's, the rear doors Polk 6X9's, and in the back sits a pair of Polk 12" subs in a ported box... along with a new Alpine iDA-X305S head unit and new 4 awg wire for the amps... I ended up returning the Polk PA660, deciding to go with all Rockford amps instead. So amp wise now the idea is to have my punch P500-1bd run the subs (possibly buy a second in the future) and 2 Rockford P400-2 channel (one for the front, one for the back) and then I have 3 monster 1 farad digi caps... Im mounting the amps and caps on a white Plexiglas panel in the back of the explorer, and under them, edge glow blue Acrylic with LED's

Last edited by a moderator:
So my original plan has changed a bit... The original plan was to only change out the Sony amp and put in a Rockford mono and a Polk 4 channel... it has evolved now into a full blown replacement of everything... up in the front doors are a pair of Polk 5X7's, the rear doors Polk 6X9's, and in the back sits a pair of Polk 12" subs in a ported box... along with a new Alpine iDA-X305S head unit and new 4 awg wire for the amps... I ended up returning the Polk PA660, deciding to go with all Rockford amps instead. So amp wise now the idea is to have my punch P500-1bd run the subs (possibly buy a second in the future) and 2 Rockford P400-2 channel (one for the front, one for the back) and then with all this power I got 3 monster 1 farad digi caps... Im mounting the amps and caps on a white Plexiglas panel in the back of the explorer, and under them, edge glow blue Acrylic with LED's
no way man pics please this sounds bad a$$ //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

IMG_1142.jpg

renderHQ.jpg

IMG_1117.jpg

IMG_1232.jpg

my custom made Cap holder (still need to sand/buff edges)

IMG_1230.jpg

The first panel... if any one with a Polk PA660 and a Rockford P500-1bd or P400-2 want to buy it hit me up...

IMG_1216.jpg

just kinda figuring out placement of everything... and I just ordered the two P400-2's!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

well i wanted to make my own holder because they will have LED's under them as well and I didn't like the cheap ones that come with... solid cast acrylic just looks far better than cheap Chinese injection molded crap.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.