Morning (here in Europe at least) all! New here

Participant count
  • Participants list

LeroyR53

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey everyone,

I'm Leroy from the UK, hoping to stop by and run a couple of questions past you ladies and gentlemen with regards to my planned audio rebuild on my R53 Mini, aka 'Monte'. The factory Harman Kardon set up just isn't doing it for me, I want a bit "more" and the HK kit is showing it's age and beginning to falter. So why not rip it out and start over!

PFA

Thanks! So far not much, it's a work in progress but I need some help with it, and with the country in 'lockdown' it's hard to get any professional help!

That said, I'm looking at

DLS CA-CCI44 4xChannel Amplifier for the gruntwork
DLS CC-M3710 Speaker System for the rears
DLS CK-MK6.2 Component Speakers for the doors

and I already have a Pioneer TS-WX77A in the boot, but it's not running. It may not be needed for the lows as I reckon those M3710s in the back will be pretty beefy already.

Single din, tried to keep the "look" of the center console as vintage/original looking as possible, so no double din units with screens cut in to the console on this car. I went with a stupidly expensive Blaupunkt Bremen SQR 46 DAB BT as it looks old, but has modern features.

The car is a 2004 Mini, but tried to give it the flair of the 60s Monte Carlo winning car on the newer BMW platform. So wooden dash and wheel, chrome chrome chrome, the black arches, numbered side, corbeau GT8 seats with tartan, stupid stopclocks in the cockpit etc!

I see you are going for original and vintage looks, nice. That is a small footprint for that kind of power and being a class a/b amp. I thought it would be class d. SNR of 110 db, damping above 300, thd less than .02, and remote sense. That amp is loaded. I had never heard of a 7"x10". Are they boxed in or free air?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.