SOLD Moddified Arc Audio 1500DR

dmcfirestar500
10+ year member

In a truly Maxed out max
Hey everyone I hate to part with this amp but I will be unable to work until I have back surgery and need some way to pay my bills in the mean time. This amp is by far the nicest and best performing amp I've ever owned.

Here are the mods which were all performed by ARC:

-Voltage rail increased, power output is now roughly 1400rms into 2 or 4 ohms (yes same power with both loads)

-Crossovers upgraded to higher-quality sterling silver for cleaner sound

-Crossovers now can be completely bypassed if external crossover is used resulting in a much cleaner sound (most amps allow disabling of crossovers but signal still travels over original circuitry)

-Onboard tri-path processor upgraded.

-Amp is now internally bridged so it is now only a mono amp. Because of this what used to be R and L inputs have changed. The R is now in and the L is an output to go to another amp (perfect for multi-amp installs for subs)

-Internal fusing removed (now requires an external fused distro block or inline fuse.

I used this amp with 2 different systems: It is currently powering 1 12" Bob Carver signature Sunfire sub. And was also used to power 2 Image Dynamics 12" IDMaxes. Like I said before this sub is by far the nicest I've ever used and hate to part with it. This sub is extremely efficient and delivers extremely clean sound (I don't think I could get it to distort if I tried)

I'm looking for $500 shipped.

I'll have pics up tonight after I take it out of my car. If the amp doesn't sell I will keep it and find some other way to get some $ for bills.

Here are some pics of this awesome amp that I hate to part with:

dscf0406wg5.jpg

dscf0408ce5.jpg

dscf0410ku5.jpg

dscf0412pw3.jpg

Like I said if no one is interested in this amp I will keep it, and I'm not flexible on price considering I paid about double what I'm asking.

Ok everyone, the amps still available. Need the money to put towards a Downpayment on a car. $350 shipped (including insurance).

Heres some specs of the amp before it was modified:

Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz

S / N Ratio (A wtg.): >98dB

Separation @ 1kHz: >65dB

Transient Distortion (100W): Input Sensitivity: 250mV - 2.5V

Bass Boost: 0-15dB @ 45Hz

Crossover: 12db stereo, 24db mono 50hz-550hz

Input Impedance: 33Kohms

Max. Current Requirement: 120A @ 1,000 watts

Idle Current: 1.75A

Dimensions: 15.25" x 8" x 2.35"

Weight: 9.0 lbs

Its also on ebay so let me know soon if your interested.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.