Mobile Enclosures Build Log-Dual 18" Reverse T-line

Participant count
  • Participant list
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Yea, lol. Gonna be fun to ship!
Freight is the best way. Or package the hell out of it. I hope it's not going to far, I know about the cost of that shipping bill... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

nice work, should be a beast. can i fit that in my pinto?
Would be killer if it did fit! Yea, I have it doing this:http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/9775/reaudiosx18dualreverset.png for efficiency anechoic response.

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

That window brace must have been a bitch and a half to make
Wasn't bad. Just time consuming, lol.

Freight is the best way. Or package the hell out of it. I hope it's not going to far, I know about the cost of that shipping bill... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif
yea, it's only 1.5 hours away.........I'm gonna drive it there, lol. Freight is over 350 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/pissed.gif.9f665f96bc89e98e708dabd4580bb591.gif. But I'm also going to reimburse the guy for the shipping costs, minus my gas bill, lol.

yea, it's only 1.5 hours away.........I'm gonna drive it there, lol. Freight is over 350 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/pissed.gif.9f665f96bc89e98e708dabd4580bb591.gif. But I'm also going to reimburse the guy for the shipping costs, minus my gas bill, lol.
LOL, I figured as much. I have people want dual 15" enclosures every now and then from one side or the other of the US..lol they normally buy em but shipping is horrible. I did an enclosure for "Eklipse" (he lives in France) a little while back..that bill was just dumb with shipping charges.

LOL, I figured as much. I have people want dual 15" enclosures every now and then from one side or the other of the US..lol they normally buy em but shipping is horrible. I did an enclosure for "Eklipse" (he lives in France) a little while back..that bill was just dumb with shipping charges.
Wow. That's far away.

Yea, what I am starting to do with my orders is, charge them shipping AFTER the item is ready to ship. They only pay the initial base price up front, to lock them into the build. I had someone recently take my build and not pay, and try to build it themselves. I'm not sure how they made out, but I bet it was a fail because they did not know what the inside looked like, lol. But for that, I might also, separate a design price as well. So, send them a design price, and if they want to continue with the build, then the rest of the base price, and then when the order is ready, a shipping cost. This, I have found that a lot of people like, because it splits their bill!

Plus, regarding shipping costs, it will be more accurate for them.

I would actually like to know what you guys on here think of that. It might help me decide if this is going to work in the long run or not, based on your opinions.

There's no way around paying high freight costs unless you get an employee discount. I went to a site to get a quote from like 12 carriers all at once. The cheapest rate I got was $205 to ship a 27"x24"6" package weighing 48lbs. I cant imagine the rates for a huge enclosure like your current build.If you went that route,you'd be best off crating that thing with it wrapped in bubble wrap to be on the safe side. Good thing that you are delivering it yourself.

how do you make money on boxes you ship? charge over 500 bucks? lol
I have seen shipping prices over $200 for a few items. I get a decent discount on UPS so it is not so bad.

Much cheaper then most think when I give quotes. I'm sure Mobile gets a discount from various shippers as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Moble Enclosurs

10+ year member
Box Designer/Builder
Moble Enclosurs
Ledyard, CT
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date