Mitsubishi Mirage 2x10" trunk blowthrough help

Participant count
  • Participant list

twisztdauthorit
10+ year member

-db-
Im not sure if blow through is the correct term for this but need some advice on designing a box.

Hes got a fairly large hole to work with behind his seats....

about 32" of usable width and about a good 15" of usable height.

this is behind his rear seats. What you see is his amp mounted to the back of his box

What i want to do it turn his sub around point them into the cab and have a port on the same side blowing into the cab also. Is this the best way to get a trunk car loud?

This is what he wants the design to look like

The triangle is only there to help me determine the angle of the slant, not an actual outline of the box.

Now my question is. What the hell is the best way to go about building this. I hate cutting out angles and he wanted to do a slot port as shown in the picture but it needs to be around 18" long and thats gonna be hard to do with all the angles n ****.

Anyone have link to similar builds, i know there here.

Ps

Box is for 2x 10's shooting for 2-2.5 ft^3 not completely sure of tunning.

There some old Phoenix gold titanium series subs. Sounds like the next time hes gonna upgrade his subs is when he gets a new car.. soon

Just came across this, this type of design might work well too, just worried about taking up to much space

The box design you're wanting to do will work pretty well! Thats the exact design that I built for my buddy's mustang.

He has 2 Phoenix Gold Xenon 12s in a 5.5 cube box with 52 sq in of port

It will sound great if you build a quality box to spec and the box is sealed up to the cabin.

As far as the slanted part at the front of the box goes, it will work, just try to keep it as vertical as possible.

For example the bottom of the box protrudes 2" farther than the top, where your box has a 4.5" protrusion. As far as the angled port, I went by the top side depth of 16" compared to the bottom side of 18"

His box was tuned to 32hz going by the 18" measurement so if anything it may be tuned slightly lower.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.