Southwest Region MECA Rules?

AZ,CA,NM,NV,UT

maritoze
10+ year member

Jedi Master
CA
I understand the classes are differentiated by adding up the fuse ratings and such. But does a fuse that is for the big three count also? And Since I will be running a second batt in the trunk, will I have to fuse between the two batts or just between the second batt and the amp?

No dumbass, have fun burning your car to the ground someday.
What are you talking about. fuses are almost useless. If your wire is the right size then you wouldnt need a fuse to begin with. There are plenty of guys on this site who have never thought of using one with no problems. Also fusing between a front batt and back batt is defiantly a waste of a fuse. Again, wire the right size wont have a problem.

I understand the classes are differentiated by adding up the fuse ratings and such. But does a fuse that is for the big three count also? And Since I will be running a second batt in the trunk, will I have to fuse between the two batts or just between the second batt and the amp?
the only fuse that matters to MECA is the one that's 18"s from your amplifier(s). As long as you stay under or at your rating in your class for that fuse is all that matters. You could have a 100 amp fuse behind, lets say a 30 amp fuse that's 18" away from your amp(s).

Also running without fuses in MECA auto puts you in Street 5.
if he's even competing in that class, could be mod 5 or x class //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif And if he's asking the question in the first place, he should probably stick to AS or Street 1-2

And even then, he'll be clobbered. MECA's no joke when it comes to the lower classes, lots of competition. Us old foggey's usually hang out in the upper classes //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

if he's even competing in that class, could be mod 5 or x class //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif And if he's asking the question in the first place, he should probably stick to AS or Street 1-2
And even then, he'll be clobbered. MECA's no joke when it comes to the lower classes, lots of competition. Us old foggey's usually hang out in the upper classes //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
Only time i was able to compete, i was by myself in AS2, i think ill be in street 3-5, not sure yet. I know around here, there is a lot of competition in street 4.

Lulz, I started off my first show in 2004 with meca right into street 3, right in with the wolves. Surprisingly I was doing 147's already so I was able to keep up and not look like a total putz.

Lulz, I started off my first show in 2004 with meca right into street 3, right in with the wolves. Surprisingly I was doing 147's already so I was able to keep up and not look like a total putz.
I was doing a 133 with 3 E8's in my truck behind the bench seat in AS2, took home a trophy, next comp, blew the amp, state finals, blew 2 subs.

Now once i get the Warden back into action i will go and try to bring home more trophys = )

I personally have friends doing high 40's in AS2 ... they're freakn' harcore about it. I couldnt ever get into playing in that low of a class, I tried a few times with my GF's car.. But I dunno, I was into burp setups for a couple of years but it got old, hence why I walled my **** into a groundpounder. I don't get as loud and I don't want to invest any more into it so mid 50's is ok with me.

What are you talking about. fuses are almost useless. If your wire is the right size then you wouldnt need a fuse to begin with. There are plenty of guys on this site who have never thought of using one with no problems. Also fusing between a front batt and back batt is defiantly a waste of a fuse. Again, wire the right size wont have a problem.
That's NOT what fuses are for, fuses protect you in case of a short. If you don't fuse your wire, and for some unknown reason it gets cut or falls out onto the chassis, what do you think is going to happen?

Thanks for the input fellas. I will be in an AS class...Since it will be my first time. So the only fuse that matters is the one 18" from the amp?

This is the reason I was asking.

{(Total Amperage of In-line Fusing X 10) + Woofer Cone Surface Area} = Pressure Class #

AS1 0 - 550 -- 1 Fuse Maximum

AS2 551 - 1000 -- 2 Fuses Maximum

AS3 1001 - 2000 -- 3 Fuses Maximum

So if I'm running two 12's that is (24 for the woofer cone surface area?)

This is one of the examples they have on the rulebook:

100 amps + 2-12 = 1226 Which is where I'm confused.

Thanks for the input fellas. I will be in an AS class...Since it will be my first time. So the only fuse that matters is the one 18" from the amp?
This is the reason I was asking.

{(Total Amperage of In-line Fusing X 10) + Woofer Cone Surface Area} = Pressure Class #

AS1 0 - 550 -- 1 Fuse Maximum

AS2 551 - 1000 -- 2 Fuses Maximum

AS3 1001 - 2000 -- 3 Fuses Maximum

So if I'm running two 12's that is (24 for the woofer cone surface area?)

This is one of the examples they have on the rulebook:

100 amps + 2-12 = 1226 Which is where I'm confused.
Your not calculating your surface area correctly. The area of a circle is Pi*R^2.

So each 12" woofer would be 6*6*3.14 = 113

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.