mdc201 whats going on here?????

oldschool4me
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
ep, ohio
purchased an amp off him 12/16/08 said was shipped on 12/19/08.

sent pmes and he did reply for a while. said he was going to check with usps to see what was up. said that he had insurance on the package.

proceeds to tell me this....

01-07-2009, 09:14 PM

Ron, i spoke with the local postmaster and he seemed concerned by the information he was able to look at, he opened an insurance claim. there are 2 scenario's here

1. within 10 days if the package is not located, an insurance claim will be paid to me which i will promptly refund to you.

2. the package gets located and delivered as planned and the insurance claim is cancelled.

i am on the road travelling this week for work, (CES show in Vegas) so i will be limited with web access to when i am back at the hotel, hopefully this will all be resolves in the next few days i will keep you posted.

Carlos

this was the last message that i recieved. and i replied with this....

01-13-2009, 01:06 AM

hear anything from the post office yet. now when i click the check shipping link it has no info for shipment. if you could just refund me the money that would be much appreciated. since you said you had insurance you will get that money anyways. no way im getting the amp here. its been almost a month.

thanks,

Ron

he has been on since this message was sent and has not replied, so i opened dispute with paypal the other day. he has also been on since i filed dispute so i escelated it to a claim today.

his profile

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/member.php?u=28179

here is what i get on usps site when i click on the check shipment link in paypal. this just shows he printed a label. it would state that the post office recieved the package for shipment if so was the case.

http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetWeb/InterLabelInquiry.do?origTrackNum=9122150134711496379472

keep in mind that its been over a month and im about a 7 hour drive from nyny.

He had 11 posts.... he should've shipped first.
yes i probably should have had him ship first. he provided me with pics with screen name etc. it was only $60 but still is wrong and should be known and he should take care of it.

so mdc201's paypal email is the same as a screen name that shows up in his fs thread. i should of noticed this sooner.

so did you get scammed?
it would appear so man. he wont reply and like mentioned above he had two accounts to set it up like it was someone that knew him and said he was legit when it was him doing it himself.

Sorry this happened to you again. Atleast PP hooked you up this time.
yep, i was glad that they did. they got me 40 of the 60 back at first. then i called them and they said they would go ahead and give me the other 20 since i had done alot of business through them. they will go after him now for the additional 20.

so for everyone who deals with paypal outside of ebay. they do not have 100% protection on purchases outside of ebay as they stated to me. they can only get what the seller has in their account and any amount owed on top of that will have to be refunded at sellers choice but will show up as money owed until it is paid. i know alot of you may know this but i figured i would post it for those that dont.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

oldschool4me

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
oldschool4me
ep, ohio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies