MAKEITLOUDER.COM spl meter simple do-it-yourself upgrade CHECK IT OUT!!

burzendowski
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
CA.COM
i just recently picked up the make it louder meter. its a pretty nice unit . i just dont like having to clip the alligator clips to the probes, so i came up with a solution. i went down to radioshack and picked up a pair of banana plugs , rca plug and a roll of wire. i dont have pics of the build process but its pretty simple. the nice thing here is you can make the length of the cord as long as you would like. heres pics.....

heres what you get from MAKEITLOUDER.COM

sensorclips2big.jpg

heres my setup

IMG00093-20100830-0746.jpg

IMG00094-20100830-0747.jpg

IMG00091-20100829-1649.jpg

how you like that meter? how accurate?
The meter is pretty nice very inexpensive. im going to comp on the 12th . i will try to run my meter then run on the tl and compare. ive herd its almost as accurate as a tl . rather if it is off by a db or so from the tl, it will still let me know if my score is improving or not. for the 130 dollars i spent its well worth it to me.

I have one and it works great for what it is. Mine is about 1.4db over the termlab from my testing. It is also very consistent and therefor quite useful. I paid $83 shipped for mine so for the price you can't go wrong IMO.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.