Main power wire

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jimmyray0682

I have two kicker px300.4 amps on my boat. One is for the cabin speakers and the other is for tower speakers. They call for 8 gauge feed wire. I have a jl audio marine amp install kit with 6 gauge wire off another project. My question is can I use that 6 gauge as a main supply then use a distribution splitter box to the 2 8 gauge wires going to the amp, or would i be better off running 2 8 gauge power wires?

Cool, thanks. With multiple projects going on I'm running out of money. So if I can save a few dollars I'll take it.
Be sure it's marine grade tinned OFC, I'd highly recommend watching the voltage every now and then to make sure you aren't starving it. Marine environments are hard on wire terminations

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.