Loud Popping Sound!??

kinitex
10+ year member

Ok so I had 2 component speakers up front, 2 coax in the rear doors, powered by a blaupunkt 4 channel amp, and my JL W6 12" sub powered by a pioneer mono class d amp installed by a reputable local shop today.

The shop couldn't install the deck because it was being held up by customs, so they left everything ready to go for the deck and just left the two caps out which I put back in. so I went and picked up my kenwood dnx 9140 after and installed it myself.

When I first turned it on after hooking everything up, the head unit powered up and everything looked ok, but there was no sound, and the amps had no power.

I checked the fuses, connections, grounds etc and everything looks ok.

One thing I did find was if I leave the amp rem wires disconnected, the popping doesn't happen. But still no sound...

So wtf is this horrible sounding popping? It makes the sound in 1 second intervals, and I didn't leave it long enough because I thought it was damaging something, but it kind of sounded like each speaker was popping seperately.

What could be my problem?

I had the same problem not too long ago and it turned out that my RCA jacks were bad on the HU. You might wanna check those out.

Turns out the RCA jacks on the amp were bad which I found out last night staying up to 2am playing with that ****. Got a new amp today and shes up and running //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Turns out the RCA jacks on the amp were bad which I found out last night staying up to 2am playing with that ****. Got a new amp today and shes up and running //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
You almost say that with no regards to the post above yours. Good info Reborn.

+1

You almost say that with no regards to the post above yours. Good info Reborn.
+1
Thanks! Always glad to help. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.